Mass Effect 3

Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Moliat on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Link!

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 am

In honor of this upcoming event for the ages I have gathered all the DLC for Mass Effect 2; Cerberus Network, Kasumi - Stolen Memory, Arrival, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Overlord. I have arranged for the babysitter to oversee Jack's constant acts of reckless abandon for the next two days (from 7a.m. to 3p.m., doubt it will be enough time) and I have Barro's Pizza and Wings in the contacts of my phone waiting. I am psyched as fuck! This second play through of Mass Effect 2 will stand until I get Mass Effect 3, I can't wait.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 am

xArc of Godx wrote:In honor of this upcoming event for the ages I have gathered all the DLC for Mass Effect 2; Cerberus Network, Kasumi - Stolen Memory, Arrival, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Overlord. I have arranged for the babysitter to oversee Jack's constant acts of reckless abandon for the next two days (from 7a.m. to 3p.m., doubt it will be enough time) and I have Barro's Pizza and Wings in the contacts of my phone waiting. I am psyched as fuck! This second play through of Mass Effect 2 will stand until I get Mass Effect 3, I can't wait.

Sounds epic, have fun and enjoy the best story-mode game there is!

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    Assau1tKing

Post by Assau1tKing on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:24 am

I would disagree for the 'best story mode game there is' Moliat have you played the Assasins Creed game's? They tell an amazing story.
    Assasins Creed
    Assasins Creed 2
    Assasins Creed Brotherhood
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am

I've played all the AC games, and they're good fun, but my personal opinion is that the Mass Effect trilogy delivers an enthralling story with a lot of depth and epicness. I may make it sound gay, but the position of best story game ever in my book is shared between the Mass Effect trilogy and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am

I have to agree with Moliat and say Mass Effect is the best story mode game there is, while AC is a great series and has many epic moments as a whole it feels like something out of a Dan Brown novel.

I've heard you mention Ocarina of Time a couple times Moliat and I was wondering if you ever played Darksiders? A lot of inspiration for Darksiders came from Ocarina of Time. Though most people think its suppose to answer to the playstation behemoth God of War, it was nothing like it. You just have to get the ball rolling a little bit and you really start to channel the Zelda vibe. I won't really go into it now but the similarities are borderline theft.

Also as a side note my girlfriend's ringtone is Navi from Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!" When I first heard it I wanted to throw her phone off the balcony. I'm pretty sure most people who say Ocarina of Time is one of their favorite games completely forget about Navi, myself included.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:40 am

xArc of Godx wrote:
    Also as a side note my girlfriend's ringtone is Navi from Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!".

Tell her she's awesome. She has to be just because of that!

Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Moliat wrote:
    xArc of Godx wrote:
    Also as a side note my girlfriend's ringtone is Navi from Ocarina of Time saying "Hey, Listen!".

Tell her she's awesome. She has to be just because of that!

Second that
    Assau1tKing

Post by Assau1tKing on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Admitidally the mass effect games are good I just found the AC one's more believeable and fun for me. Maybe because I visited the city's in real lfe.
    .Venice
    .Florence
    .Rome

"Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember... Nothing is true. Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember... Everything is permitted. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 pm

XcFx I OwN4g3 wrote:
    I would disagree for the 'best story mode game there is' Moliat have you played the Assasins Creed game's? They tell an amazing story.
    Assasins Creed
    Assasins Creed 2

I concur.

Funnily enough, even now on TV there's a special on about the 'original' crime family, the Borgia, who eventually even took over the Papacy (became the Pope). The Borgia are the bad guys in AC Brotherhood.

This game goes way out of it's way to incorporate historical stuff. If I were a history teacher, I'd encourage my students to play this game. Seriously. The architecture, famous paintings, etc., are just incredible. And I like the way they have you actually interact with some of the most famous people, such as Machiavelli, and having Leonardo Da Vinci creating special stuff for you is uber-cool.

Edit: I haven't played those other games, so I can't say it's better - was just concurring that the Assassins Creed series is very good.

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Assau1tKing

Post by Assau1tKing on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 pm

riafomh wrote:
    XcFx I OwN4g3 wrote:
    Assasins Creed
    Assasins Creed 2

I concur.

Funnily enough, even now on TV there's a special on about the 'original' crime family, the Borgia, who eventually even took over the Papacy (became the Pope). The Borgia are the bad guys in AC Brotherhood.

This game goes way out of it's way to incorporate historical stuff. If I were a history teacher, I'd encourage my students to play this game. Seriously. The architecture, famous paintings, etc., are just incredible. And I like the way they have you actually interact with some of the most famous people, such as Machiavelli, and having Leonardo Da Vinci creating special stuff for you is uber-cool.

Edit: I haven't played those other games, so I can't say it's better - was just concurring that the Assassins Creed series is very good.

Yes Exactly! The game include's all FACT even the assasin part is true. There was an Assasin named Etzio who tryed to stop the Borgia. And the way the city's are practicaly the same as real life (a bit more modern obv) but it includes so much information. History teacher's should encourage you to play the series.
    If anyone in DFA reading this has not played AC you are missing out. Rent it,Buy it you will love it. (but stay on battlefield aswell)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:35 am