Th3Gu1tarpl4yer

Abahab
    Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Re: Th3Gu1tarpl4yer

Post by Abahab on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey Th3Gu1tarPl4yer,

I merged a few of your replays into your apprentice topic. I'm going to check some of them out right now.

Shotgun Slut
    Shotgun Slut

Post by Abahab on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Th3Gu1tarPl4yer wrote:This is a 1v1 in Ango showcasing new trial period in Death from Above clan Smile against my new bud SavageNation who was playing WM for the first time (omg i lost Embarassed ), here it goes, hope you enjoy it.
    Gotta confess I'm going through a demotivated period in coh where i cannot find my ways into learning Cry, and very happy to meat this clan which apparently is meant to encourage learning and having fun in the process Laughing
    Looking forward to meet you in game DFA guys!!
    Click here for the replay

Some notes from this game:
    2:20 Move those rifles up to green cover to attack those volks. Rifles need to be aggressive.

2:45 Floating manpower, you have nearly 350 manpower before you build another rifle. -> Get into the habit of checking your manpower frequently. When its above 270 early game and you want rifles, just tap F2 + R.

4:05 Flank those volks immediately. You had two rifles to the left of them. When you attacked you brought them both in the same direction. Get one behind the volks in the path of their retreat line to do the most damage.

6:40 Retreat those engineers the second you see they are in danger of dying.

8:20 Spread those rifles out. Savage could easily have suppressed both of those rifles.

Your floating a lot of munis and manpower. Get flamers, throw grenades like crazy.

10:15 Charged into two volks. Unfinished WSC in your base.

12:06 Retreat! Unit preservation is key to victory.
    You are still floating a lot of manpower. Floated manpower is wasted forces. You could have snipers, a supply yard, and a motor pool with those resources.

14:24 Retreat that two man rifle squad sooner -> You could have easily lost it.

14:49 Spread those units out! One mine incapacitated both a rifle squad and an engineer.

14:57 Don't charge weakened riflemen into a healthy volk squad and sniper.

You keep charging a single riflemen squad to attack a superior force. Sometimes you need to just step back and wait a moment until you have enough people on hand to flank and attack.

15:55 Unsupported mortar = Volkfood.

16:39 You keep sending single riflemen up against two volks on the left. Artillery would have helped since Savage was a bit blobby. A well placed arty barrage could have incurred heavy losses and forced a retreat, leaving the left side open for capping.

16:52 A bit blobby with your forces.

17:20 Stop capping with those rifle men and attack the enemy. If you had gotten in those volks and grens retreat path you could have done a lot of damage to them.

18:30 Spread those rifles out. 2 squads should not get suppressed by one mg.

18:46 Retreat! Never lose a squad!
    ->I ran out of paper.

Overall you need to make sure you don't blob as much. Spread your units out -> this allows you to easily flank mgs and other forces. Don't send smallers forces to battle superior forces. This makes you lose manpower and retreat a squad.

Don't float manpower. You could have had a much greater force on the field with all the floating resources you had.

And never give up! Several times you said gg when you had the forces to make a come back. I know CoH is extremely frustrating, and I know all this is easier said than done. But if you keep working at it and keep them in mind, eventually they become second nature and you become a better player because of it.

United States
    United States

Post by Th3Gu1tarPl4yer on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 pm

ey Abe, thanks a lot for taking the time, i'll watch the replay tomorrow with your observations at hand Very Happy
    Murray
    Wehrmacht
    Wehrmacht

Post by Murray on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:54 pm

OMCG is very cost effective for what you get, even if no armour shows up.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Murray wrote:OMCG is very cost effective for what you get, even if no armour shows up.

On average you save like 300 manpower compared to what recruiting the OMCG units would cost. However, the OMCG comes late game, at which point some of the units you get are not of much use, such as mortars.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 pm