Pro publico bono

XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob)

Pro publico bono

Post by XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob) on Thu May 19, 2011 3:10 pm

My first post cheers Here it goes!
    Ok so everyone in DFA knows the ropes, game mechanics, tips'n'trickz, exploits, shortcuts, glitches etc right? RIGHT??

I'm not talking about game breaking/changing things but little details that make YOU stand out on the Battlefield and contribute to your team. It could be ANYTHING weapon/map/vehicle/... related, any fun tactics, useful hints,safe spawn spots, etc.
    So you know how to snipe an UAV controller with M9 on Arica Harbour? We need your input here!

The idea here is to create some sort of knowledge base for all new Battlefield players(and old geezers too:) to help them improve their gameplay. You may think that some of this stuff is common knowledge and pretty obvious therefore a waste of space but you know what they say about assumption....

I'll start to get the ball rolling:

Knifing - A.K.A. 3 hit fail combo(lag,lag,lag!Damn I'm down!) But did you know...It's possible to knife unsuspecting T's through the walls (buildings' inside walls only, also the blue desctructible screens one finds all over Arica Harbor) as long as the enemy hugs the wall on the other side,you can just face it and go Jedi!

WARNING! this technique has a high hatemail generating potential! Flamethrower

STORMTROOPER729

Re: Pro publico bono

Post by STORMTROOPER729 on Fri May 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Lol I did this just the other day. Was like down to 20% health and was about to reload and I knew the other guy was hiding on the other side of the wall reloading too. So I was like screw this I'm going to try something. (I could also see part of his body poking through the wall) and Stab! I knifed him through the wall Twisted Evil
    I recommend that this should never be done during a clan match, just a FYI.

Providing our enemies a chance to die for their country
    Dolo

Post by Dolo on Sat May 21, 2011 2:02 am

Well theirs the reload trick where your bullet counter says that the clip us full before the animation ends so if you quickly swap to your pistol then back to your primary you save precious seconds!

The second is the super throw which works with ammo health and c4. So basicly you tap your trigger to throw your c4 then jump and it throws the c4 twice as far.

In two story buildings you can shoot through the floor. So that pesky guy camping above that first platu of the stairs pump some bullets up and bam he's dead

Passengers in tanks always get out on the right side but if the tank barrel is pointing right the passenger gets out on the left

Jihad jeeps won't do damage to enemies if theirs a friendly still in the car

On harvest day if you blow a hole in the attic of the two story you can trace a tank from the window lock on and shoot homing missiles out of the top

Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sat May 21, 2011 5:05 am

The super-throw also works for grenades.

And regarding jumping out of tanks; thanks! I've been looking for a system in how it works.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat on Sat May 21, 2011 8:34 am

Im not entirely sure just how useful this will be for everyone, but its a little trick I found when attempting to solo valpreiso on onslaught.

After taking the second base, move upto the concrete blocks at the edge of the hill leading down to the 3rd base.

Once you have spotted an enemy aim your crosshairs slightly above the tip of the orange triangle to score a headshot. I have tried this with assault rifles, submachine guns, light machine guns and pistols. I have not tried this with sniper rifles as the bullet drop is different.

Its a handy technique for getting head shots without using a scope.

Its also useful as you can use it on enemies who are closer or right at the back of their spawn point as you change the angle of elevation of your shot depending on how far back they are and this covers the discrepencies in the range for compensating for bullet drop.

Like I said, probally not very useful for most people as most of us just get stuck in there anyway, after all you can't take the base by standing back and shooting (unless your in the tank that is).
    Lord of Beaver

Post by Lord of Beaver on Sat May 21, 2011 8:54 am

Im not totally sure if it is true because i havent tested it but i used it, using a Thompson and light weight pack you move faster than you would with any other gun apparently. When i used it i moved pretty fast, but didnt compare it with someone else running along side me.

Also when knifing, i like to crouch and then knife. I seem to win those battles more doing that than just regular standing. And if someone is crouching trying to knife you, jump and knife =] (Had a knife fight when some friends had the whole lobby to ourselves)

Anyone have any advice on when you C4 a tank and they jump out what to do or when to pull it so it gets them as well? I tend to C4 it, blow it and they get out right as im about to pull it and i see them just run through the explosion unharmed.
    TheHellKat

Post by TheHellKat on Sat May 21, 2011 9:30 am

Use the above hint on which side people get out of the tank from and put the C4 on that side, that way if they jump out they will get caught in the blast, but if they don't, then they are dead anyway.
    Dolo

Post by Dolo on Sat May 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Moliat wrote:

And regarding jumping out of tanks; thanks! I've been looking for a system in how it works.

No problem man it's what I do! Lol
    xArc of Godx

Post by xArc of Godx on Sat May 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Lord of Beaver wrote:
    Anyone have any advice on when you C4 a tank and they jump out what to do or when to pull it so it gets them as well? I tend to C4 it, blow it and they get out right as im about to pull it and i see them just run through the explosion unharmed.

Or just lol steal their tank when they get out. If you do this I would advise trying to hide the side your C4 is on as it can result in a quick death by a much smaller explosion.
    XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob)

Post by XIIIXIIIXIIIXI(Bob) on Sun May 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Glad to see some activity in this topic, I'll add another two dimes.

1. It's possible to assume certain level of control over the kickback of the ARS'/SMGS'/LMGS'/(pretty much every automatic weapon) when firing on full auto(or in bursts) while zoomed in - one just needs to tilt the right stick SLIGHTLY down(you may have to increase the tilt depending on how long you keep firing on full auto). There's balance to it - too much and your aiming down, too little and there's no control over the kick. Takes a little bit of practice but once mastered it's easier to score consistent headshots and with the addition of moving sideways while zoomed, one pretty much owns in one-on-one shootouts regardless of weapon.(medium to long range against similarly equipped tangoes) That was a f...ing epiphany when trying to plat F2000.

2.When defending/attacking on rush. Let's say you just got knifed/shot etc in the back of your base/spawnpoint, you see the guy in the killcam for another few seconds then he's gone. Bang! you respawn straight away and cry for this guy's blood not knowing exactly where he ran off, you spent another minute or so wasting time chasing after ghosts. Wrong! After you get killed and BEFORE moving on to kit selection screen you get to see part of the base you are defending(optionally your spawn point if attacking) from a bird's view. You may see that tango ran off and is hiding in particular building long after he disappeared from your killcam. You may even see other tangoe flanking your base/spawnpoint - CALL them out! Many times I was able to call out positions of tangoes I've not even seen but saw them using this technique(based on their movement/behaviuor you can tell whether they're friend or foe) - so bear that in mind next time you spawn back on the frontlines:)

Right, there will be more of this semi-useful nonsense from me later on - I'm just soo sleeeeeepy right now after work.... G'night!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 pm