Opinions on Vietnam?

Forum Owner

Opinions on Vietnam?

Post by Forum Owner on Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Personally I think its awesome, just need to decrease weapon lethality and slow down the sniper scopes. Would be awesome.
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Re: Opinions on Vietnam?

Post by Max on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:06 pm

I miss having motion sensors, and the M40 is deliciously powerful. I wish that spotting arrows and other features of the HUD were a little more visible.

Gamereplays.org
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah particularly your own captured points.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:37 am

True to my 'up in smoke' reputation, I have been Flamethrower-whoring like I'm on fire... er.... yeah....

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:52 am

riafomh wrote:True to my 'up in smoke' reputation, I have been Flamethrower-whoring like I'm on fire... er.... yeah....

Burn, baby burn!

As for me, my first impression of Vietnam was that of disappointment. It feels like you are hip-firing when you aim down sights, and I am struggling to adjust between the aiming mechanics in BC2 vanilla and BC2 Vietnam. Howevever, most of the bad impression came from the fact that I played on the most campy team that I have seen in a game to date (at a point I saw 7 snipers camping behind the same rock), and to top it off the enemy team comprised 7 DFA members playing against me on the two most tight chokepoints I have seen in a Battlefield game.

Apart from the somewhat jumpy aiming mechanics, tight chokepoints here and there and the fact that the Huey is both under-represented and a paper plane (two full mags of the M21 can bring it down), the game is awesome. It's an entirely different experience from BC2 vanilla where solid cover was plentiful, whereas now the only cover is the visual cover provided by the dense foliage. I would definitely have paid a full price for the game, and I will be playing it a lot in the future. Bottom line: awesome game with a couple of drawbacks.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:29 pm

I think the huey is going to get a buff man.

I haven't had the same aim experience as you. :P
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Despite some needed re balancing issues that are needed, the atmosphere itself is simply incredible, and the minor tweaks to the destruction engine are a nice touch. Overall an awesome game so far and can only get better in my opinion.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Moliat wrote:It feels like you are hip-firing when you aim down sights, and I am struggling to adjust between the aiming mechanics in BC2 vanilla and BC2 Vietnam.

I think I have the aiming thing figured out:

I have my sensitivity set to the max, so that I can spin quickly to cover different directions or react to flanking enemies and so forth, and with the ACOG sights (which nearly every class in the regular BC2 has) I am used to how much it moves when aimed in (which is not alot).

In BC2 Vietnam only the sniper rifles have scopes (and I find these to handle about the same as regular BC2), and when I am aiming with the iron sights I find when adjusting my aim that it 'swings too far left, then too far right, then left, then right; okay aimed up now - damn I'm dead...', often enough.

I'm going to try lowering my sensitivity and see if that improves my iron-sight aiming.

Moliat wrote: and the fact that the Huey is both under-represented and a paper plane (two full mags of the M21 can bring it down),

I was showing the game to a friend of mine who is also a big war-buff. I complained about the Huey being so easy to shoot down, and he said that that was realistic - they really do have a thin sheet of metal for protection...

Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:55 pm

riafomh wrote:I was showing the game to a friend of mine who is also a big war-buff. I complained about the Huey being so easy to shoot down, and he said that that was realistic - they really do have a thin sheet of metal for protection...

I know, sidearm bullets to the belly of a Huey could rupture the fuel line and send the Huey crashing. It makes for a lousy helicopter in-game though :p

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm with Moliat on my initial impressions which were, lackluster. Maybe its because BC2 Vanilla was so freaking amazing that my standards were a bit high, but I'll run down my major likes and dislikes.

First, the dislikes:
    Map Design: Overall, not impressed at all. The only level I really like playing on is Phu Bai Valley. All of the other maps seem to be chock full of horrid choke points and general unbalance, particularly on Rush.
    Weapons: I agree that the 'twitchiness' of the sniper scopes sucks, and makes it much more difficult to line up shots, and the general lack of variety is a bit lame. It was smart of them to include achievements for the 360, which is honestly the only thing keeping me from only using the AK47 and the M40.

Weapon balance: It all seems ok, but the Ppsh-41 is a bit OP. It needs to have its damage nerfed and its recoil increased a little bit. Right now you can practically counter snipe with it.

Now, the likes:
    Atmosphere: They got this one done right. The music inside American vehicles, the dialogue, the sounds, player models, weapon models, etc. This game just feels ruthless and classic, which is awesome.

Vehicles: Huey. Need I say more?

Weapon lethality: Granted i hate it when it seems like I die in a split second, but I like how the weapons seem a bit more lethal than they did in BC2 vanilla where it seems like you have to dump a mag into someone to kill them without magnum ammo.

Overall, I like it, but if I hadn't bought it with points from a gift card that I got from somebody else, I'd feel a little let down. The maps are really my biggest problem. Lets hope that operation: Hastings is on par with Phu Bai Valley, otherwise this game isn't gonna get a whole lot of attention from me in the long run.
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Post by Kebozam on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:58 pm

vietnam is an ok country but I still prefer New Zealand.
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I laughed.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm

I cried.

D divine1

69,000,000 Actions really?

Post by D divine1 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:22 am

I have heard a lot of talk about the old map Hastings, the only way to get it is by doing 69 million actions!! if you don't believe me check out the link below:

http://shootersonly.com/featured/help-unlock-operation-hastings-for-battlefields-vietnam-dlc/

I honestly thought it was a typo or just another rumor.

So my Questions is, are Dice FUCKING CRAZY!!! C'Mon !! Seriously guys, who came up with 69 million actions. alone i have only given out 4292 Health boxes. The closets person in our clan to achieving such a score would be Moliat with 12681 Health boxes Shocked
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:30 am

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam/battleforhastings
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:05 am

If they make Operation Hastings like it was in the original Battlefield Vietnam, it'll be awesome. Few chokepoints, some awesome mid-range encounter areas with a temple. Only difference is: in the original Vietnam, Hastings hosted 3x Hueys, 1x Courier US fighter bomber, 2x Mi-8 helicopters and 1x MiG-17 fighter. I just hope they add more Hueys than you find in Phu Bai Valley, implement russian ones and make them all a little more resistant to bad intentions.

Noble Insolence

Post by Noble Insolence on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:12 am

Well I thought it was nice, really nice actually. But yeah the Huey is kind of sad really, its a flying deathtrap. Really thought that the huey was going to be a great weapon if used correctly, but its gets owned as soon as three people look up and start firing. So yeah flytime with the huey is a tough one.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:29 am

Which is lame, seeing as the Huey is the finest piece of machinery ever made Smile

Noble Insolence

Post by Noble Insolence on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:50 am

Hopefully we'll get a patch.
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 am

We will for sure. Its annoying me, hearing people bitch about how unbalanced somethings are. It hasnt been out even a week. No multiplayer game is perfect at the beginning.
    Noble Insolence

Post by Noble Insolence on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 am

Dude the game is awesome its just such a drastic change in the armor system for the chopper. But your right. To be honest thats the only thing I have a problem with, everything else is just fine.
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:19 am

I think that weapon lethality needs a decrease too, apart from that all the bitching will be cause of a lack of map knowledge. :P
    Noble Insolence

Post by Noble Insolence on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:32 am

You know I play on a HD TV and I find that some of these jungle maps are hard to see through. It might just be my tv's lighting, but I can't help but notice every little bush looks like a potential target lol. It always keeps me on edge. [Spamming select button] >.>
    D divine1

Post by D divine1 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Thank you Crush ,i checked this site out about 2 hours ago and already the figure has risen by 400,000 for xbox users.Hopefully we'll get the new map by the end of Jan Smile
    D divine1

Hastings map

Post by D divine1 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 pm

I've never been priveledged to play on the Hastings Map. Check this link out if your in the same position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rahG7sT1zNY

P.s. how the hell have other people got Access to it ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 pm