Squad Set-up

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Squad Set-up

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Oke since my work is brainless I had all evening to figure this out, a squad set-up cableable of great useage in all situations. This is for Vanilla BC2! Ima tell the set-up, and explain why, and how that role should be forfilled as detailed as possible. (i'm tired, gimmi some slack on some grammar and stuff lol).

first off, this stuff im gonna put here, is only good, when sticking toghether!
    F.E.;
    "TANK! imma go get it!" ....... WRONG! The squad will go get it! when the squad seperates, it WILL phail.

Second, after great consideration, ENGINEER is probably the most useless class.
    Yes, it's fun and usefull to blow up a window and kill him, easy, but NOT nessesairy!
    Yes, it can blow up tanks, but so can a recon / assault, DIFFERENCE:
    When c4ring a tank, it's gone in a jippie, an engineer can be easier to be spotted.
    Arial -> there is enuff AA;
    - UAV (yes, it can waste choppers)
    - Heavy MG
    - AA gun
    - Tank / AA tank
    This is probably easier then tracing it, wich is freaking hard against fast chopper pilots!

back to the squad.
    Set-up;
    -recon
    -assault
    -medic
    -medic

RECON, not SNIPER, RECON -> AKA SCOUT .. lemme make that clear lol
    Recon is not meant for sniper, "amagash then why teh snipah riflez?"
    See it as a deadly binocular.

Anyway, the recon's job = to make enemy's visable!(Scout) Recon can be pretty much the deadliest CQC in the game! due to MOTION MINES.
    in this squad, Recon's job is to motion mine, and know what's coming or what's in the way to your objective!
    Therefor, don't wield a sniper rifle, prefferably shotgun/all-kit-assault-rifle, it's better in CQC, even with a reddot/AGOC on your sniperrifle you NEED to hit or ur f'd.
    C4! The recons job here will forfill anti-tank aswell.
    The recon is this squad will forfill CQC role, not back-cover-fire.
    Spec for the explosive damage, vs. the tanks. magnum ammo is not needed, since assault and 1 medic(explained below) will do the infantry job(maily specced). Oh and lightweight maybe to get around a tank faster, therefor more stealthy)

Assault
    - Ammo (ofcourse)
    - Smoke < tactical for MCOM's / Flags, or distraction (smoke one side, flank the others, SMOKE DRAWS ATTENTION).
    Or you can go c4 but we are counting on the recon not to phail.

Medic number ONE
    Specialized on keeping the squad up and healed! Spec for the healing specs! Stay a bit back, watch out for incoming from behind, focus on revives and heals

Medic number TWO
    Focus on the cover fire, get your specs to kill.
    Prefferably wielding a SAW or Type 88 machine gun.(youknow wich LMG I mean)
    These becuz these carry 200round mags, for longer cover fire without a reload.
    Ofcourse, revive when NEEDED, and keep medpacks up.

This set-up basicly forfills all roles, good for any situation.
    Quick review;
    -recon,CQC specced,anti-tank,motion mines ALWAYS
    -assault, ammo, tactical smoke, infantry killed
    -Medic 1, healer, reviver, back cover, specced to heal
    -Medic 2, vs infantry, covering fire, specced to kill

As you get, these roles are only good when close to eachother.

If it goes wrong (it happens) F.E. medics are dead, don't rambo in, cover!
    Create a spawnpoint and move on when all are spawned
    All dead, all spawn on the squad captain, from that point, move on.
    Make sure your squad is ALWAYS toghether!

You Killed Kenny!

Re: Squad Set-up

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Personally, the Recon-scout role, and the Medic-healer role, suits me best.
    I'm not the best aimer lol

Post by reclaimer_117 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Blizzard wrote:Second, after great consideration, ENGINEER is probably the most useless class.

I disagree with this...a lot.

Sure there are other alternative to taking out vehicles, such as the ones you mentioned. However engineers serve as a bases best anti-tank defense because of their anti-vehicle mines. You may argue that C4 also fulfills this role, however that means that some guy must be constantly staring at a spot on the ground, waiting for a vehicle. Not exactly the best use of a team member in my opinion.Going off of this point further, planting C4 on a tank means you have to get within about 2 meters of it, not exactly the best place to be. I for one would rather be safe 100meters away firing a few AT4's at a tank than 2meters away praying I live to see another day. Also you may say "Well hey, a Recon can rain mortars on a tank" Yeah, they can. However if the tank moves about 5 feet it will be relatively safe, and also the reload for a mortar is a lifetime when compared to that of a rocket.

Secondly, engineers can fulfill the anti-personnel role fairly well. Their SMG's are ideal for close range gun fights, and work well up to medium ranges if handled and equipped with the correct SPECS. Also the Carl Gustav works wonders against tightly packed squads of infantry.

So yes, many of the functions of the engineer can be performed by other classes, but can one single class do them as effectively as the Engineer?

Also, who do you plan to heal your vehicles in your Medic, Medic, Recon, Assault Squad?
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Downign a tank with C4 is reletivly easy, I do it all the time, I do agree it's harder, engi is probably my fav. class so don't get me wrong being negative about engineer ^^
    Though, since medic and assault make the basic of a squad, and me deciding to split up 2 medics into 2 completely different roles, I had to pick between CQCRecon, or Engineer.
    IMO, infantry makes the biggest threath, therefor motionmines are more important.
    You can't repair a tank without an engineer, but I focus on infantry MAINLY.

Recon's can be just as strong as engi in CQC, the G3 for example, has great stats.

But the idea is that each role works great when all put toghether,
    Engineer works best vs tanks, but compared vs the advantages of the other classes, in my set-up, its the baddest

The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:00 am

There is nothing wrong with this example squad set-up and loadout. Use it for whatever specific task you want.

However, there is nothing wrong with about a million other variations, either.

There is no one way to do anything, and getting stuck on 'absolutes' is the surest way to be inflexible and not versatile on the battlefield.

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Blizzard wrote:
    Set-up;
    -recon
    -assault
    -medic
    -medic

Welcome to the standard DFA squad. We've been using this setup for a very, very long time :P

While effective in most situations, there are situations where you need to mix it up a little. I agree that engineer is the weakest competitive class, but that's not to say it's ineffective. Picture Valparaiso: taking down the chopper without an engineer is a bitch, and we also have some pretty crazy tracer guys in the clan (e.g. Kazo), so on this map an engineer or two is paramount for AA purposes. Yes, you have some heavy MGs and TOWs, but they are the most juicy sniper targets.

As for recon spec, there are 3 ways I see of playing recon in DFA:
    [list=1]
    [*] Up close and personal. You run with a shotgun, G3, Thompson or something along those lines. You should focus on lightweight, magnum, slugs and/or larger shotgun magazines. You'll be a killing machine, especially with motion mines.
    [*] Medium range. Quick-scoping and ACOG sniper rifle, e.g. SV98 quick-scoping or SVU 4x zoom scope. Use lightweight or ACOG 4x zoom scope, you won't need anything else. For spec 2 you should go magnum for longer quick-scope one-hit kill range. If you're using a semi-auto sniper you're better of with body armor since you will need 3 hits to kill either way. The last thing you should use is explosion upgrade. You will never use a mortar strike with this setup.
    [*] Medium-long range. Bolt action or semi-auto sniper rifle. Either way, you should use extra ammo (you won't need 12x zoom at this range. We're talking marskman headshot +75 to +150, any further and you can't spot anymore, plus your accuracy will go down due to difficult range). In some cases you might choose the 12x scope, but most of the time you're better off with extra ammo, especially if using semi-auto sniper rifles. You should not use magnum as it's going to make a minimalistic difference at this range, we're talking +/- 10 damage at most. You're better off with body armor or explosion upgrade for mortar strike.

As for the medic classes; the medic keeping people alive really should be the one with suppressive fire. Even in the most hectic battles he won't be busy all the time due to cooldown on health pack and DFA people not dropping like flies. He'll be using body armor or healing speed in addition to healing range anyways, so why not make this the guy providing the suppressive fire? He won't be speced to kill anyways, so the next best thing he can do is hammer the enemy with bullets and keep them hulled down. Nothing keeps people hiding like the sound of a pissed off guy with a light machine gun. The second medic should be more like the assault infantry-killer with reviving capabilities. He's basically an assault player without the undermount, so he should bring magnum ammo and, for instance, lightweight. Just make sure he doesn't stray away from the squad as he will still rely on the recon and assault for mobile firing capabilities.

I agree on most points, and what you described is practically the standard DFA squad setup. Either way we don't want robots playing a specific class all the time. We don't want a generally good squad, we want a squad with members that are able to adapt to any situation, even if it means bringing an engineer. Sometimes a recon just won't cut the cheese, like Isla Innocentes with all the choppers and Atacama Desert with all the openg round, making C4-ing a pain.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:12 pm

We'll atleast that means I ain't talking nubbish crap ;p if you people role like this mostly I has to be good right? hehe.

Is there any class in DFA that lacks, and is needed the most?
    Cuz I like the CQC Recon a bit, beeing the allknowing one, having a headstart since you know where the enemy is, and you aren't seen as likely when covering since the wookie suit.

Yet, I like machine guns lol, rampaging when needed =p
    But I love to blow things up, that's the only reason I haven't really focused on medic yet lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 am