Unofficial clan match 1/18/2011

Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Unofficial clan match 1/18/2011

Post by Moliat on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Falls, Marysville and I joined session in progress on Noble who was playing hardcore squad rush on Oasis against 3 other guys from the same clan. One random dude took up a spot on our team, so it was Noble, Falls and I against Marysville and 3 guys from another clan.

After beating them every time on Oasis and Port Valdez both as attackers and defenders, I invited one of the guys in the other clan to a private chat. They had just gotten 4 guys, so I asked if they wanted to play a private match squad rush softcore. They agreed, and said, and I quote: "You do know we're the top team of last season MLG, right? Good luck, you'll need it". Oh, and one of them also called us a bunch of pussies because we were using 2 Medics. They had been using 3 Medics + an Assault with AN-94 + magnum, on hardcore.

We wanted to play regardless, so we joined a private match with them. 4 of them against Falls, Psyco, Noble and myself. A random map was selected on softcore, and it was Panama Canal.

The basic MLG squad rush rules are: You get a single point per MCOM destroyed, and you cannot get any points while defending. Points are calculated at the end of a map, in other words when both teams have played as attackers and defenders, and the first team to reach 2 points (or get a greater point advantage after a map if scores are tied after a map) wins. Also, you cannot fire rockets into or from within the attackers' spawn point, and the only legal way to destroy an MCOM is by arming it, but you can damage it by any means as long as you don't destroy it by damaging it.

We were attacking first, and we took both MCOMs by losing less than 10 tickets per MCOM. Then we were defending, and they tried a massive flank but were caught on motion mines and cut down, losing 10 tickets in the process. After another head-on assault they were down to 5 tickets, at which point they started going engineers with Carl Gustavs and both explosion upgrades, firing rockets from the cover of their spawn. Hence they clearly violated an MLG rule. In the end they did not destroy a single MCOM, so we won the unofficial match 2-0 on the first map.

After changing shorts (figuratively) I was invited to their party. Through the background noise of insults from 6 of the guys in the party, I heard their clan leader saying "Good match". They kept throwing insults, calling us "Pussies" and "Camping faggots" (when defending). I invited their leader to a private match, and he was far more sportive and courteous. He tried saying that booby-trapping the MCOM with C4 was against the rules, but in fact it isnt. We didn't destroy the MCOMs by any other means than arming them, we just damaged them with our C4 booby traps, which is not a violation of MLG rules.

I said we are likely to sign up for the MLG again once the next season opens up, and we will use our CSM system for this, and thanked them for a good match. Their leader was courteous, respectful, reasonable and sporting. I wish I could say the same for the rest of them.

Bottom line for those of you who didn't bother to read the entire wall of text: We just played squad rush softcore against the top team on the MLG roster, and we beat them 2-0 fair and square. We will be playing a lot more clan matches soon, once we get the different DFA divisions running.

Last edited by Moliat on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Re: Unofficial clan match 1/18/2011

Post by Moliat on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Thank you guys who participated in the match, I am proud and positively surprised!

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    Noble Insolence

Post by Noble Insolence on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Just call us the top MLG players from now on lol. We should all get a medal for that lol, top MLG my ass. On a side note jesus Kazo you make things so difficult to explain. =)
    Forum Owner

Post by Forum Owner on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:21 pm

What clan was it? Me, Kuddles, riafomh and dented(?) had a similar experience versus a clan on harvest day and laguna alta. It was fairly well matched until they all started quick scoping. I think I'm the only one from that group who could.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I can't remember their exact clan tag, but it was something along the lines of "k9z". I was also quick-scoping, which I think saved us at the second MCOM as I was doing pop-shots from inside the last MCOM building at Panama Canal SR, killing at least 6 people as they ran from their spawn.

Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 pm

They were quite good, very good shots. Quite frankly I don't know how we beat them, our teamwork seemed to be much better. Communications were constantly relaying their locations, movements and actions, and we always had an impenetrable perimeter, even when they all appeared behind us when we were defending, we mowed them all down. There were quite some close calls, but in the end we wound up with a score of 2-0.

L4N6Y

Post by L4N6Y on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 am

Nice! sounds like you guys did very good. Smile
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 am

Oh, and during my fever-induced delirium tonight (I have caught an influenza that is going around), I dreamt that Noble left the clan, and my reaction was to somehow teleport to the US and kick him in the nuts as hard as I could. I shit you not. It's fubar, but also the result of an awesome experience plus a fever combined with a raging headache. I've taken sedative pills the size of grapefruits (1000mg) that were prescribed to me when I had a bacterial infection in my foot last summer, but the headache is still painful, so I wouldn't be surprised if I have more crazy dreams the coming nights...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 am