Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Comes With 4 Remastered Battlefield 2 Maps

DentedBullet

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Comes With 4 Remastered Battlefield 2 Maps

Post by DentedBullet on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:29 pm

Just found this, looks like I'll be pre ordering this asap

Although Battlefield 3 hasn't had its first proper unveiling yet - that short teaser trailer doesn't count - that doesn't stop EA's marketing from planning ahead and prepping the game's Limited Edition for the masses. Oh no.

A leaked Battlefield 3 ad recently surfaced stating that those who purchase the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition will receive the 'Back to Karkand' expansion pack "at no extra charge."

The ad states that "This themed expansion pack features four legendary maps from Battlefield 2, boldly remastered with Frostbite 2 physics, destruction, and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies and more."

If you were waiting on reviews or had your eyes on another game and weren't planning to pick it up at launch, fear not, according to the ad, "For those who don't pre-order to secure the Limited Edition, Battlefield 3 'Back to Karkand' expansion content will be available for purchase approximately one month after the game's release."

Game Informer also teased their upcoming cover yesterday evening with a few bits of "declassified intel," stating that the PC version is getting 64-player multiplayer, and there will be jets and also, prone.

Want more? Well, a Swedish retailer's listing states that the action will take us to "claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow," mentioning Paris, Tehran and New York as specific places you'll visit.

Battlefield 3 is scheduled for an autumn release. That's fall to you North Americans.
    marysvillesquid

Re: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Comes With 4 Remastered Battlefield 2 Maps

Post by marysvillesquid on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm biting my finger nails in eager anticipation...! Oh ya! Can't wait!
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:34 pm

marysvillesquid wrote:I'm biting my finger nails in eager anticipation...! Oh ya! Can't wait!

I feel you dude!
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Gonna be SICK. Not psyched about the return of prone though. I loved that about BC2.
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:13 pm

My problem is do I want this on Xbox or PC? I guess I have to wait and see if the Xbox version is gimped or if my computer could even handle Battlefield 3.

Gamereplays.org
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:14 pm

I really don't like the idea of prone returning. Camping snipers will be even more campy.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:46 pm

PRONE for the win THAT SIMPLY IS BATTLEFIELD.
    No Prone in Battlefield you guys seemed to be fucked outta your head.
    BF2 is the mother of all Battlefields that game is awesome!!! i reched SGTMajor. Took me 2 years of playing it.
    What iam unhappy about is the destruction! Destruction is BAD COMPANY.
    Battlefield is a game where no destruction should take place but nice tactical matches between two teams!
    ooooh STRIKE AT KARKAND, ROAD TO JALALABAD, MASHTUUR CITY etc OOOOHHH you beatiful MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

My plan is to have a PC by then. I want it on PC so bad! Sad
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:48 pm

CrushNZ wrote:My plan is to have a PC by then. I want it on PC so bad! Sad

Why? I'd rather have it on an xbox to be honest, and besides; we're an xbox clan!

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:07 pm

64 player online

Matchmaking is gay too. :P

I'll still play BC2 on the 360. Maybe I'll get it for both if I manage to get a PC.
    gdead65
    GD
    GD

Post by gdead65 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:11 pm

CANT WAIT!!

DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Hope they redo Backstab Deadly Pass and spec Opps. My favorite BF2 maps
    BEAST6699

Post by BEAST6699 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Fall realease Sad fall = football = less battlefield playing time
    Deffgrippa

Post by Deffgrippa on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:47 am

I have beta invite so i'm set.
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 am

Furtz wrote:What iam unhappy about is the destruction! Destruction is BAD COMPANY.
    Battlefield is a game where no destruction should take place but nice tactical matches between two teams!

lol! Yeah! lets remove all the awesome technology of frostbite and go back to how it was in BF2 where the buildings were just idle bricks with ladders stapled to them but other than that they were completely useless! YEAH!

Wrong. That's like saying perks are call of duty and should never be in another game, or specializations are just bad company, even if they make it better. Destructible environments make a game much more tactical, because it actually gives you options and changes the landscape of the map. New technology and innovation is what makes games great. It's what drives games forward. BF3 will be the best of BC2 and the best of BF2.

If you want BF2, then play BF2. The rest of us will enjoy collapsing buildings on all of the proned out wookies.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:54 am

CrushNZ wrote:
    marysvillesquid wrote:I'm biting my finger nails in eager anticipation...! Oh ya! Can't wait!

I feel you dude!

You guys have fingernails?...

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:17 am

My issue with it is you cant concentrate something is blowing up constandtly around you and the sqaud doesnt listen!
    To be honest fuck frostbite i prefer idle bricks with ladders stapled to them.
    Where you cant simply shoot through the building but have to lead your sqaud around and flank. Yes thats tactics.
    Destruction is like rambo pfffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:26 am

I think it adds another element of tactics with destructible environment rather than reducing the amount of tactics required to win. You have another thing to worry about: people neglecting your funnels by creating an alternative route.

Furtz

Post by Furtz on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 am

In Bf2 there were no funnels. There always was a way.
    ALWAYS
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am

It also was mainly conquest. I think rush would've been harder to design maps for.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:41 am

Furtz wrote:In Bf2 there were no funnels. There always was a way.
    ALWAYS

Doorways, alleys, you name it. Don't try to say those didn't exist in BF2. They also exist in BC2, the difference is you can nullify them by creating your own ways: blowing a hole through a wall.

CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:42 am

I get sick of people comparing games. Technology advances, you cant keep bringing it back to the same game. Destruction to me helps to simulate utter chaos that would break out in actual war. It increases the strategic depth of the game.
    OhhYeah
    Pocket Candy
    Pocket Candy

Post by OhhYeah on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 pm

I really enjoy the destructable environments! It is what makes this game extraordinary and stands out of all the other fps-games out there.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Absolutely. If I didn't want destructible environments, I'd play Modern Warfare or Black Ops or something.

(Spits)

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    lordofwar82a

Post by lordofwar82a on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 pm

It's a shame that it's so far out. I'm hoping that they bring back the command structure and commander view that was in BF2. That made everything a little more coordinated with the squad leader able to communicate with each other. Prone will be awesome. Think of it as having to step up your game and really use some tactics utilizing cover and concealment of the terrain and elements.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:04 pm