Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Comes With 4 Remastered Battlefield 2 Maps

Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Re: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Comes With 4 Remastered Battlefield 2 Maps

Post by Falls on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Speaking of elements, I'd really like to see real time weather effects in BF3. Like rain that spots up your ACOG, and snow that blows and obscures your vision, and then will let up when the wind dies down, etc. So you can think "Man, the snow is really blowing, not much of a chance for sniper fire, I can dash across this road..."

Things like that, in the same vein of how they implemented weather in Metal Gear Solid 2, really helps immerse players in the game.

CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm

MOTHER
    FUCKING
    HEALTH
    BAR
    !
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:57 am

As for prone, it will come with inherent drawbacks anyway. Moving quickly from prone to get away from someone flanking you will be that much harder.

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Speaking of BF2 and Bf3.
    BF3 needs that Commander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UAVs Artillery Strikes. Supply Crates.

Oh BF2 I love you!!!
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:52 pm

HEALTH BAR NEEDS TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ASSAULT CLASS.
    MEDIC CLASS
    ENGINEER CLASS
    SUPPORT CLASS (supplies ammo)
    SPECIAL OPS (packs c4 and CQC weapons)
    Yes that is a proper Battlefield game.
    spitfireheat

Post by spitfireheat on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Max wrote:My problem is do I want this on Xbox or PC? I guess I have to wait and see if the Xbox version is gimped or if my computer could even handle Battlefield 3.

I'm so pumped I'm gonna get both. win.
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 am

I played BF2 for a long time, my clan had the highest Karkand 24/7 server in the world, and I would play BF2 over BC2 any time.
    I'm not sure about the destruction though ..
    It creates a lot of chaos ..
    BUT, it was often a pain in the ass to get out of the freaking US uncap zone so destruction would help great there.
    Prone;
    I have seen more campers in BC2 WITHOUT prone then in BF2 WITH prone.
    In BC2 you have good players, in BF2 you have pro's .. snipers pro's in BF2 where freakin deadly >.<

And I'll get this for xbox I think, PC is filled with hackers ..

oh and ..

CLAYMORES!

Pocket Candy

Post by OhhYeah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:07 am

http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/articles/655/game-informer-cover-issue-including-scans/
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:11 am

Now I have two reasons to walk into Abe's room naked and steal his xbox next year: BF3 and Mass Effect 3.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    OhhYeah
    Pocket Candy
    Pocket Candy

Post by OhhYeah on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:27 am

Can I use your basement with the awesome setup when you are away?? mohahahah^^
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:30 am

Furtz wrote:HEALTH BAR NEEDS TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ASSAULT CLASS.
    MEDIC CLASS
    ENGINEER CLASS
    SUPPORT CLASS (supplies ammo)
    SPECIAL OPS (packs c4 and CQC weapons)
    Yes that is a proper Battlefield game.

No dude. That's BF2. Pretty sure most don't want a re skinned, re wrapped version of BF2. I want new classes, new innovations, all rooted in the ideas and balance that made BF2 great in its day. If this is what you want, then just go play BF2. lol.
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 am

Found this on the battlefield 3 site. Sounds cool

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 am

Yeah I read that, and it sounds freakin' awesome. Being able to lay your rifle across a ledge or a wall to steady it def has some awesome potential. And I LOVE the idea of being able to drag your teammates to safety.

I'm guessing that that mechanic is implemented because they are doing away with insta-revives and making medics actually 'work' on fallen teammates to get them back in the fight.

Man oh man I can't wait for this game!!
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

Falls bear in mind that BF3 is a sequel to the in my eyes BEST BF game ever made BF2.
    It would defeat the object of a sequel if it did not have certain elements from the it's successor understand so far? Good good.

I am not saying it should have everything back but things like health bar and the amount of different classes which were really well balanced in BF2 they I think need to be back.

Now one thing I am REALLY annoyed about is the sqaud system. If BF3 follows the roots of the BFBC2 Sqaud system I will be literally pissed.
    I do enjoy BFBC2 VERY much BUT! : BFBC2 sqaud system is a mess, for me it does not provide the challenge of a tactical game. Being able to spawn on every single sqaud member is too easy and does not provide me with a challenge and a challenge is what Battlefield is for me all about! Very Happy

If you don't like a challenge I reckon you should stop playing Battlefield :P.

Also what annoys me in BFC2 squad system is there is no leader. Squad without a Squad leader? Does that not defeat the objective as Squad? I yesterday played BFBC2 and felt like throwing it against the wall! My squad was a bunch of fucking wookies Smile We as US Army held CP A. RU Army held CP C and B.

Some wookie cunt Smile from my sqaud who was sitting in our bloody deployment base was going " Hey yo head's up we need to attack that position" (B) I went "Fuck you get your pissin arse out the base and get a fuckin move on! Me as being the only sensible CLASS on whitepass Assault, Medic or Engineer pointed my crosshairs at C and went "Guys we need to attack that position" Promptly that sniping fuck sitting in our base puts a marker at B again. I put at C again. I made my way to C remarking it numerous times for attack after that sniping shit marked B. So I arrived safely at C having my crosshairs trained on the letter C and spammed BACK to mark it for attack. BANG I was shot by an enemy!

At that time i turned the box off and was rightly PISSED!

BF3 needs a SQUAD LEADER! THAT IS THE ONLY PERSON ABLE TO ISSUE SQUAD COMMANDS TO THE REST OF THE SQUAD!

Rant over Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Do you guys understand what I mean though?
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Furtz wrote:Do you guys understand what I mean though?

In all honesty I think most of your frustration over useless squads is because you and your brother always stick to yourself and never with DFA in BC2. If you had played with the clan, I promise you you wouldn't be pissed over crappy squadmates.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 pm

No Moliat I am talking about the whole SQUAD SYSTEM in BFBC2. And I would LOVE to play online with you guys but you all seem to never be online :S.

So nothing I can do is it?

Put it this way.
    Squad System in BFBC2 SUCKS (my opinion)
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 pm

To me Moliat it seems you did not read the full post.
    In case you haven't I suggest you do before you post back Smile
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 pm

To me the squad system in BC2 is not really flawed, its just a lot different. But hey, the Badcomapny series was about innovation, they tried a new squad system, and In my eyes it fits the way the BC2 is meant to be played (except for the whole team-mates spawning when your in a gun fight so its 2 on 1) However in BF3 since as far as I can tell they are not having a commander system ( super sad face =( )they need to have a much more effective squad system than in BC2. the problem is, that in BF2 the system was based around the ability to open a map and lay out orders...not exactly easy to do on a console now is it? So yeah, I hope for a better squad system, but in reality I cant really see how they can change it around so much, especially on consoles.

And uhm no commander system is really going to be the worst part of BF3 in my eyes.
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Are you serious? No Commander? Are we sure we are talking about Battlefield 3 here?

Commander is the thing that marked BF2 for it's outstanding tactical game play and a sequel that gets the title of Battlefield 3 and has not got a Commander Mode does not deserve the title of Battlefield 3. I will follow you on that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, actually no I won't I will change it up a little Smile . SUPER DISAPPOINTED FACE! Sad
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

And I was thinking about BF2 and BF3 earlier on.

Now : BF2 had a so called TACMENU or Tactical Menu which was called up where you chose things by highlighting them with your mouse cursor and then clicking it. You could say stuff like : Enemy spotted (would automatically say Sniper Spotted if targeting a sniper and clicking spot).

Request ammo
    Need a medic (Changes to Need Repairs if occupying a vehicle)
    Move to that position/attack that position/defend that position (if Squad leader)
    Need backup/reinforcements
    Request Supply drop/request artillery strike/request UAV
    You could say "THANKS"
    "Affirmative" (able to acknowledge the given information to the rest of your team knowing you will do what you have been asked for. Same thing goes for other team members, If you spotted a Sniper with the TACMENU other players on your team, yes even those not in your squad would have chosen the affirmative option over their TACMENU to acknowledge the position of the enemy and this would in turn tell you that your team understood your information.

And much much more Very Happy.

So I was thinking that the back button in BFBC2 is that Button Very Happy.
    I was thinking maybe hold down the BACK button on your controller (xbox 360)
    and the TACMENU will come up, the player then uses the right thumb stick to navigate through the TACMENU, If the player needs a medic, he will highlight "I need a Medic" and let go of the BACK button, this works for all the other commands as well including "THANKS" "Affirmative" etc.

What do you think about this idea with the BACK button? (the player has to literally hold it down for less than a second and the TACMENU will come up so orders can be given ON THE GO.

OPINIONS???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:08 pm