SpeedMedic guide

    Share
    avatar
    spitfireheat

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-01-20
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland, USA

    SpeedMedic guide

    Post by spitfireheat on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:35 am

    Spitfireheat's guide on how to be a great medic

    Introduction


    It is currently 3:22 am. I have class in 8 hours. I cant sleep. It has been six hours since my 1st gen xbox got the red rings of death. Normally I am sick of battlefield because I've spent 130+ hours of my life playing the damn game; however, right now I cannot stop thinking about how much I want to grind out a few rounds. Funny how the brain works. Anyway, I am going to tell you all of my secrets. Why? Because you guys accepted me into your clan. Smile

    Disclaimer: My fighting style is not for everyone. Not everybody/barely anybody plays/thinks they way I do. I write these words primarily for my own benefit, but also to give you medics in DFA a hopefully new/different perspective on how to play your class. This guide simply outlines my method of fighting, and it is not necessarily the best or even correct.

    The Medic Mentality: A shameless point-whore
    Remember that application you filled out to join this clan? Remember that question where you had to list different playing characteristics in order of importance to you? Remember how you placed ‘effective team communication’ and ‘skilled squad leadership/teamplay’ at the top of the list so that you would look like a team player and therefore get accepted into the clan?

    If you play medic, and you didn’t put individual score in either the first or second place in the list, then this guide might not be for you.

    FACT: Effective medics MUST BE POINT WHORES.

    Lets examine this fact. Think about each classes’ opportunities to earn points. The most viable and visible opportunity to earn points is by killing the enemy. Occasionally, depending on the battlefield situation, an opportunity will arise to repair, or heal, or resupply, or throw motion mines, but only occasionally. However there is ALWAYS an opportunity to kill the enemy: that is what the game is organized around. Players will kill and BE KILLED. There will ALWAYS be casualties on your team. Therefore, as a medic, you will not only always have the opportunity to earn points by killing enemies, but you will also ALWAYS have the opportunity to earn points by reviving teammates. As a medic, you will have twice the amount of opportunities to earn points!

    HOLY SHIT that is a lot of points you need to earn!!!

    To be a good medic, you need to simultaneously keep alive and protect your squad. In other words, to be a good medic, you need to simultaneously take opportunities to earn points by killing the enemy and reviving your squad. In other other words, to be a good medic you need to be A SHAMELESS POINT WHORE.

    The other day I was playing a game with riafomh. Riafomh and D devine were being fat tank whores and doing a great job. They were killing the crap out of the enemy and repairing the tank and having a great time earning a shitload of points. Ria was sure he was going to get ace pin, but at the end of the game I still came out 1000 points ahead of him and I stole the ace pin. Did I slay more people than Ria? Am I simply a better player than Ria? The answer to both questions is HELL NO. Ria was on a roll! He was killing people left and right! He had a T90 on top a hill and I had a G3 behind some skimpy cover; no way I could keep up with him in kills. No, I got ace pin because I am a good medic and a shameless point whore. I got an average amount of kills but also an average amount of revives (along with a few heals) and therefore I doubled the average score.

    (Sidenote: Ace pin means you earned the most points, no more. We could have won that round without me, but we could not have won that round without Ria and his tank suppressing the crates)

    All of these opportunities to earn points will undoubtedly overwhelm most medics, and they will be hard pressed to keep up with the demanding pace of the game. That is the trick to being a good medic: taking advantage of as many opportunities to earn points as possible. Therefore your style of play must be speedy and quick. Medic is the hardest class to play right. You gotta play like you’re on crack (or caffeine). Time is your enemy. Teammates are dying. You have five seconds to get to your squadmates’ body. You can’t let your squadmate die; your team will lose a valuable ticket. You need to be in three places at once. Enemies are firing all around you. You need to kill them as fast as you can and you need to get to your revives as fast as possible. You need the right tools to do the job.


    Medic Loadout


    Primary Weapon: G3

    Before I get into this, loadout really isn’t all that important. To be truly great, one should be good with every weapon. Furthermore, this loadout is not rigid. Use different guns in different situations. That said, for general purpose, this loadout suits me well. Lets continue.

    Excluding the M14 and Sniper Rifles, I believe the G3 takes the most skill to master. Why? Because the G3 is one of the fastest killers in the game. ‘Fast’ or ‘quick’ is the key word here. Effective Medic play is based on speed, and if used properly the G3 will give you the quickest kills at medium AND long range. However, if another gun gives you faster kills, then use it. For example if you are fighting at close quarters, a shotgun is usually the fastest killer.

    Note: I am not talking about headshots here. I always aim for center mass and I rarely get headshots. My marksmanship is nothing spectacular. If you can consistently pull off headshots, good for you; stop reading my guide you don’t need it.

    FACT: G3 will kill with less than 3 to 5 hits. No, I don't have statistical evidence, I have experience. I took STAT400. I learned that stat sucks.

    ADVICE: You can only learn how to use the G3 with experience. However, here are some pointers. Do not use it at close range except in emergencies and in surprise attacks. Do not use the G3 or even have it equipped while sprinting. Crouch while using G3 if you can. At medium range fire the G3 in quick two shot bursts. At long range fire the G3 with quick single shots.

    AVOID FIRING G3 IN FULL AUTO LIKE THE PLAGUE.

    Ok, so why is it important that the G3 kills in less than 3 to 5 hits?
    SPEED. You need to kill that guy fast. You have five seconds to get to your squadmate’s body, you don’t have time to blast away at the enemy with an imprecise LMG. You need to reload. You dont have time to spend reloading an LMG; people are dying and now you are vulnerable. Time spent reloading is wasted time; you can’t revive and you can’t kill while reloading.
    EXPOSURE. See that medic over there blasting away on full auto at some poor mofo with his magnificent, glorious, shiny LMG? Of course you do. SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE ON THE MAP. That medic will be dead in less than 2 seconds. Inevitably, one of y'all will argue that the medic was suppressing someone and that his squad mates had him covered. As a medic you should be covering your squadmates, not the other way around. You are papa bear. Keep moving, stay alive, minimize exposure, and keep an eye on your squad. If you see an enemy, squeeze off a few shots to kill him and KEEP MOVING.

    Pro Tip: Everybody really needs to just mash on the back button. Make it a reflex even if you are about to waste the guy you are spotting. You get 20 points per spot. If you are always spotting that is a shitload of points. Medics, you need to instruct your squad to spot. It will make your life so much easier because when you roll in to save the day, you need the best intel to stay alive and revive your teammate.

    Actual Pro Tip: The G3 is very powerful even at extreme range. If I am way behind the front lines and I see red dots in front of me, I will squeeze off a few rounds at those red dots as I am advancing, even if I cannot directly see the enemy. Sometimes there is no actual cover between you and the spotted enemy, just some tree branches that block your view. I can’t count how many kills this has gotten me. Yes, it is pretty cheap, but it is part of the game and it is also part of using the G3 to its full potential.

    Nostalgic Note: My favorite gun in BF2 was the G3 as well. That thing was sweet. In that game, the G3 was only single shot, not full auto. While everybody else was dolphin diving with the G36E, I would pop a squat and utilize the G3’s superior power to take down my enemy.

    Secondary Weapon: M1911 .45

    One of my favorite things about this game is how pistols are actually realistic and extremely effective weapons. (cough CALL OF DUTY SUCKS cough)

    The .45 perfectly complements the G3. Where the G3 fails at close quarters, the .45 saves the day. A lot of players do not adequately include pistols into their gameplay. Goddamn COD habits. Unless you have a shotgun, always use a pistol at close range. You will look like a pro!

    Anyway, the .45 should be equipped whenever you expect close combat or whenever you are sprinting. The .45 will kill with 3-4 body shots, or two people per clip. Don't look down the sights, they suck. The .45 is more than adequate for CQC. You might say, “wtf, I want to spray my LMG/Assault rifle and lay waste to all who stand before me.” I will then reply by laughing at your noobitity.

    (Sidenote: as a medic you really shouldn’t engage in CQC unless absolutely necessary. Let the assault guys take the risk first, your life is more important than theirs)

    You may say that SMG's are better at CQC. Depends. 1 on 1, the .45 will take you down quicker. However if you are about to take on 3 people close quarters, SMG has a bigger clip and is better, but you are still not likely to survive unless you have surprise.

    The only gun better than the .45 at close range is a shotgun. That is true in real life and in BFBC2, which is why I love this game.

    Now, the REX is a good pistol as well, but it doesn't fire as fast as the .45.

    Also, if you are an O.G. and can pull off pistol headshots like no other then why are you reading this? Go use the gratch.

    Equipment: Defibs, duh

    Spec 1: Lightweight Pack.

    G3 does not need any sights. Iron sights are very good on G3.

    LW Pack is an absolute necessity. Speed is the characteristic of a successful medic. You need to stay alive, but you need to expose yourself to revive squadmates.

    Many times I will find a squadmate dead in the middle of a road covered by enemies. I know that this is such a dick move, but often I will run really fast through the road and revive my squadmate and then run as fast as I can back to cover, leaving my squadmate confused and exposed to enemy fire. More times than not, the enemy will cut my squadmate down once more. However, now I know where the enemy is. I can quickly kill the enemy and revive my squadmate once again, leaving me with 100 points worth of revives, 50 points for the kill, and 50 more points for the kill being an ‘avenger kill.’ This is the very definition of point-whore. The squadmate would have had less time to wait to respawn if I simply left him alone but our team would have lost a ticket, which is how I like to justify my action. Ask Riafomh, I do this to him all the time. I’ve pissed off a lot of people by doing this, but whatever.

    Sidenote: You need to be good at sprinting. Yes, sprinting is a skill. Minimize the amount of time you are stuck. Time your jumps correctly. Know what obstacles are between you and your squadmates body, and use the terrain to your advantage when avoiding enemies’ fire.

    Spec 2: Magnum Ammo

    Magnum ammo allows me to kill the enemy faster, which frees up my time to do other activities such as reviving and killing other enemies. Remember the key word is speed.

    Some of you might say Body Armor is better because it will keep you alive longer to revive more teammates. Eh. Maybe. Usually I see enemies before they see me and therefore Magnum Ammo benefits me more than the extra protection does.

    Vehicle Spec: I dont care, use whatever you want. Medics should be reviving, not driving around anyway.

    As you can see, this loadout is all about speed. Just remember not to use the G3 when coming out of a sprint, you wont hit anything. That is what the .45 is for.

    How You Should Play

    Do not fight on the front lines. It is not your job to die, and you have a long range weapon (G3). Send your squad out in front of you. While they advance, find yourself some good cover, preferably elevated, where you can watch their progress and cover their advance. As soon as you see an enemy, do not fire, SPOT. If the enemy poses a threat to your squad, kill him with three quick two round bursts. Quickly scan for other enemies, but do not stay in the same location. The G3 is loud, and even though you minimized your exposure with a small amount of shots, there is still a good chance the enemy knows where you are. Relocate to new cover. Keep moving. You want to keep your squad covered as long as you possibly can, but inevitably your squad will have casualties. Get your .45 out and sprint your ass up to your squad while remaining out of sight and in cover as best as you can. Revive. This is the most dangerous part of your job. You need to get in there, revive, and get out as fast as possible. If your squad is good they will lay down smoke for you. However it is your responsibility to not get shot. Do this by minimizing the amount of time you stay still. Sprint, sprint, sprint. KNOW WHERE THE BODY IS. I’ve gotten wasted so many times because I was searching for the damn body. If you cannot find the body immediately, get out of there. Your squadmate will respawn soon anyway. Remember, your playstyle must be all about speed.

    Think of yourself as the second line of defense. Your squad is the first line, and you need to stay back from the front line as much as possible. This doesn’t mean you can’t get kills. On the contrary, you need to pick off as many enemies attacking your squad as you can with the G3. Even when your squad is decimated you need to stay back, they will eventually respawn if you fail to keep them alive.

    As a medic, you need to be the master of infantry combat. You will watch squads fight and kill each other from a relatively safe location. You will have the tools and means to be the most tactically aware soldier on the field.

    The Tactical Map

    The Tac map is your best friend. I hate playing hardcore because I love using the tac map, and I feel naked without it. The Medic is able to receive much more information on his tac map than the common assault or engineer. Not only do you receive the same information everyone else does, but you can also see where teammates have died on the map. This is extremely important, and contributes greatly to your tactical awareness. Make a habit of checking the tac map every one to two seconds. A good medic has a clear picture of the battle unfolding around him. You should know where danger zones are as well as likely safe zones. You should only rarely be surprised by an enemy.

    Surprise attacks are the medics’ worst enemy. Why? Because YOU are the enemies’ primary target! Any smart attacking enemy will aim for the medic first, because you are the most valuable infantryman. Take every precaution you can not to be surprised. USE THE TAC MAP. In the event that an enemy comes out of nowhere GET YOUR .45 OUT AND POP A CAP IN HIS ASS. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the G3. The G3 is best used when you are in a covered position, crouched, and aiming down the sight. It does not handle reflex shots or fast movement very well. If surprised with the G3, you will naturally end up spraying the G3 from the hip at the oncoming enemy and not hitting a goddamn thing. Get your .45 out asap. If the enemy is too close to avoid, try to pull off a headshot. If you think you can survive the first few shots from the enemy, immediately sprint in a perpendicular vector to the enemy. Get to cover. Let your squadmates get shot, then pop out of cover, waste the enemy and revive your teammate. Of course this is easier said than done.

    As a medic, it is EXTREMELY important for you to KNOW THE MAP. You need to know the intricacies of every map you play. Why? Because you need to find bodies. You need to know what cover you can use to get to bodies. You need to sprint to bodies and not get held up or stuck by terrain. You need to know exactly where bodies are just by looking at the tac map. You need to do this fast. Knowing the map and where bodies usually lie comes from experience, usually bad experience. Many times you will show up to a downed squadmate and his body is nowhere to be found. More often than not the body has slipped down a hill. I have gotten killed SO MANY TIMES because of this. Learn where and when this usually happens and factor it into your decision on whether to go for revive or not.

    The Health Pack

    Some of you have noticed that I have not talked much about healing. A lot of you like to rack up points by putting down a health pack with faster healing and extended range. OK, that works, but that is a completely different style of playing than I am describing. Speed medic doesn’t have time to heal, speed medic is too busy killing and reviving. When I play, I will occasionally throw out med packs for friendlies when I am idle, but most of the time I reserve the health pack for myself. Selfish, right? Maybe, but if I die then my teammates will not get revived. Your first priority is KEEPING YOURSELF ALIVE. (Except when a crate is involved) Therefore, if you ever get hit, immediately sprint to cover, quickly throw down a health pack, scan for the enemy, and punish that fucker that shot you. Then keep moving because he likely spotted you. Think of yourself as always spotted. You CANNOT STAY STILL.

    Communication
    Ok, I don’t have too much to say here. Moliat has already talked communication in his article. Notice that I do not talk much about teamwork. That is because I have little experience with a squad that works together since I just joined this clan. This guide only describes my style of play, and 99.99% of the time I have spent playing this game has been without a clan. However, as Moliat says, it is always good practice to let a downed squadmate know that you are about to revive him, unless you want to use him as a target to expose enemies (heh heh). But in all seriousness, the squad must know of your actions to be effective. Let them know when you are covering them, when you are going in for a revive, or when you are dead and cannot help them. Eh, who am I to tell you this, you already know the drill, right?

    Conclusion

    Here are the main points I somewhat clumsily made about being a good medic:

    -Speed. Number one rule: keep moving from cover to cover, and move fast. Play like you are on crack cocaine. (chill out, its just an expression)
    -Know the tactical situation. Keep an eye on the tac map and use its information to your advantage.
    -Use your squadmates. Let them take the dangerous tasks. Let them gather battlefield intel for you. Follow them, but remember: you are more valuable than they are. They are there to provide you with data on where the enemy is.
    -Limit your exposure. Do not stay in one spot. If you fire at an enemy, keep moving after you fire. Do your best not to let them know where you are at any one time.
    -Use the health pack to keep yourself alive.
    -Cover your squadmates from a strong, elevated position. This is the only time you are not constantly moving from cover to cover. This is the scanning/covering squadmates/picking off enemies phase. Once you have killed a couple, start moving, and don’t get flanked.
    -While sprinting/moving, keep the .45 out. While stationary/covering squadmates, use the big gun, the G3.



    So you are a successful medic. You get ace pin every game from being such a good point-whore. Inevitably it will get to your head. lol, it has definitely gotten to mine. But remember, you are still part of a team. You need your team much more than they need you. Everyone has a job to do. Yours just gives you more points.
    avatar
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

    Posts : 507
    Join date : 2011-01-09

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by CrushNZ on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 am

    Good read, fairly general information however you did display it with some great writing. Somethings I disagree with but its mostly personal preference things (USAS-12 for medic and do nothing but front lines). I don't agree that to be the best medic you need to be a point whore, a good player doesn't care about the score all to much. Reviving the same person 10 times to let them die is point whoring (I presume you didn't mean this. :P) and medic is probably the easiest class to master, your job is simple health and paddles. I would argue that a CQC recon is harder. Anyway, thanks for the read dude! I quite enjoyed it, its awesome to see members taking their time to help out other players. If you ever want to write guides that get published on a website let me know! Smile
    avatar
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

    Posts : 2216
    Join date : 2010-11-21
    Age : 48
    Location : Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by riafomh on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:28 am

    Well written.

    I think, that is I assume (but I could be wrong) that he is saying not that his intention is to be a good point-whore, but that by being a good medic, the point-whoring comes as a side benefit.

    I would add or strongly request that you also be more liberal with the Med-packs. If you must 'save one' for yourself for when you run away and hide in a corner when you're shot, then fine - that shouldn't be too often and it is unlikely that you won't be able to spam one when the time comes. However, dropping Med-packs down can mean the difference between those guys holding that ridge there or you needing to go in to revive them, which if their position is being overrun after they've gone down, you won't be able to do.

    spitfireheat wrote:Many times I will find a squadmate dead in the middle of a road covered by enemies. I know that this is such a dick move, but often I will run really fast through the road and revive my squadmate and then run as fast as I can back to cover, leaving my squadmate confused and exposed to enemy fire. More times than not, the enemy will cut my squadmate down once more. However, now I know where the enemy is. I can quickly kill the enemy and revive my squadmate once again, leaving me with 100 points worth of revives, 50 points for the kill, and 50 more points for the kill being an ‘avenger kill.’ This is the very definition of point-whore. The squadmate would have had less time to wait to respawn if I simply left him alone but our team would have lost a ticket, which is how I like to justify my action. Ask Riafomh, I do this to him all the time. I’ve pissed off a lot of people by doing this, but whatever.

    I've actually gotten quite used to this 'technique' and I find it quite effective. Before I had read this, I had found myself in a few games with Spit, been cut down, can still see the enemies firing, was WORRIED about Spit's safety coming in to revive me; ZAAPP!!! - I'm revived in a hail of fire, and I'm thinking "Kill me!! Don't kill Spit! Kill me!", and happy that my meat-shield is protecting him... ZAAPPP!!! - I'm up again and ready to roll... It probably helps when I'm calling out 'Guy behind the hay bales! 2nd Floor Engineer!' and so forth...

    Again, this is SPITFIRE's technique/guide, and not the 'de facto' method for that class.

    Although this guide may appear very 'selfish' in attitude and approach, I think it would be a mistake to confuse this as not being very teamplay oriented, which I actually think it is.


    _____________________________________________________

    reality is a figment of my hallucination
    avatar
    spitfireheat

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-01-20
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by spitfireheat on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am

    CrushNZ wrote:
    Reviving the same person 10 times to let them die is point whoring (I presume you didn't mean this. :P)

    Hahaha I did not mean this, but its funny you mention this. Back in BF2 my buddy and I would sometimes play on different teams. We would both be medics, and we would endeavor to trap another player between us. I would kill the player, and my buddy would revive him. Over and over and over. I dont know why, but we would be rolling on the ground laughing..... Yeah lol. I think the technique used to be called 'stat padding'? Anyway, one day some guy took screenshots and submitted them to EA and my account got erased Sad serves me right I guess. But it was worth the laughs :P

    Crush, we could probably argue all day about what class we think is the most difficult. Perhaps I should not have made such a strong statement in the guide. Anyway, thanks for reading. As for writing guides, this turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. I fell a little behind on my school Comp Sci projects, and I probably should concentrate on catching up for now (as I continue to play BFBC2, lol, fuck it, I'll just code all night)

    riafomh wrote:
    Again, this is SPITFIRE's technique/guide, and not the 'de facto' method for that class.

    Thank you for clarifying that fact.

    Ria, about the med packs:
    My medic usually stays behind the front lines covering the squad from a concealed, elevated, strong positions, moving from cover to cover and picking off enemies that are attacking the squad. While distributing health packs is an essential task, it is not one that is effectively done by the medic I outlined. When presented the easy opportunity, of course I will throw down the health pack for you guys. I will not deny a heal so that I could have the health pack for myself later. However, if a friendly is hurt but not in my immediate vicinity, I will not go and heal him. I would rather try to find the guy that hurt my buddy and send a few rounds his way. I expose myself too much if I am constantly running around healing. The challenge to being a medic is staying alive while exposing yourself to help other teammates. I argue that minimizing this exposure to just revives is for the best in the long run. I think that the squad should have a second, front line medic. His play should be more geared toward healing.


    avatar
    D divine1

    Posts : 271
    Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by D divine1 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:35 am

    Nicely put Spitfire, recently i have been using the G3 while being be a Medic and i have found this selection to be quite beneficial to keep my kill/death ratio in the green. I do agree with you to a certain extent about being a points whore, but my choice for being a Medic is the choice of 100-200 bullets that i can lay into the enemy with one magazine Very Happy

    There're some attractive load-outs that, sorry, in the process of mastering the Medic Class with.
    M249 saw- i either have Red Dot or Acog4x scope depending on the scenario. Body Armour for hectic those Fire fight situations or of course Magnum Bullets to excuriating pain to your enemies in quick fashion. Finally the M9 Pistol, with this Gun i performed Brain Surgery to my opponent’s close quarters and Believe it or not Halfway across the map.

    Reviving, this is subject in itself. Let me start off by say this, i have been revived Five times within 30 seconds, because the guy who revived me didn’t takeout the guy who killed me the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th time they killed me WTF Exclamation I must say this 'WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN REVIVED YOUR DEATH IS NOT RECORDED'
    avatar
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

    Posts : 1687
    Join date : 2010-12-11
    Age : 27
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by KennyMcKillmick on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:06 am

    your death isn't recorded in tickets, but it is in your kill / death ratio


    _____________________________________________________
    avatar
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

    Posts : 3629
    Join date : 2010-11-18
    Age : 25
    Location : Gjøvik, Norway

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by Moliat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 am

    I enjoyed reading it, and as ria said: this is just one way of playing a medic. There are other alternatives, but that doesn't mean this one isn't good. Speed-medic is an effective way to play, but there are also other medic roles in need of filling, such as the suppressing and healing medics participating in a fixing force, for instance.

    There are also a couple of suggestions I would make:
    - Always when you are stationary, no matter for how short a time, put out a health pack. The cooldown isn't more than 10 seconds or so, so you will have it ready again the next time you are stationary behind cover. This both leaves the healthpack on the ground in case you start taking fire, healing you from the start, or it can mean the difference between life and death for any nearby teammates. Again; make a habit of putting out a healing kit every time you are stationary.
    - The G3 setup is an effective medic class composition for medium and long-range maps, but for close quarters maps like White Pass I would recommend using lightweight, a pump action shotgun and body armor. You don't need magnum for buckshots, you have your pistol to finish targets off, and you have lightweight to zip around corners, flank people, revive quickly and generally be the speedy hamster on the battlefield.

    In the end though, communication is key. If you know a lot of enemies will be firing at you, ask your fellow clan mates to cover you. Get them to lay down some suppressive fire or smoke, as this can make a world of difference.

    Also, you have about 10 seconds to revive someone after they have died. You get the option to the instant they are cut down, and the corpse disappears the moment they respawn.


    _____________________________________________________



    You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    avatar
    D divine1

    Posts : 271
    Join date : 2010-11-26

    Does it Count?

    Post by D divine1 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:15 am

    KennyMcKillmick wrote:your death isn't recorded in tickets, but it is in your kill / death ratio

    I Thought so myself until i was corrected by a couple Guys who played Battlefield with a couple of months ago. i will be posting this subject on some Forums to Clarify.hopefully i shall here something Soon on .........
    avatar
    D divine1

    Posts : 271
    Join date : 2010-11-26

    I Stand Corrected

    Post by D divine1 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:38 pm

    The feedback i have got is that it does count to your Kill/Death Ratio, but if your on a killstreak, the Killstreak continues. i must say i do like to have my Kill Streak Pins.
    avatar
    spitfireheat

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-01-20
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by spitfireheat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:46 pm

    Moliat wrote: and generally be the speedy hamster on the battlefield.

    I love speedy hamster. beware the sneaky cat
    avatar
    spitfireheat

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-01-20
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by spitfireheat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 am

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXRH50fvHWA

    Speeeeeedy hamster!!!
    avatar
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

    Posts : 3629
    Join date : 2010-11-18
    Age : 25
    Location : Gjøvik, Norway

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by Moliat on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 am

    Hahahahaha, that YouTube movie is epic!


    _____________________________________________________



    You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    avatar
    Deffgrippa

    Posts : 111
    Join date : 2010-11-22
    Age : 25
    Location : Australia

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by Deffgrippa on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:37 pm

    Very good article i enjoyed it, i play a completely different style of medic to yours spit.
    avatar
    xArc of Godx

    Posts : 129
    Join date : 2011-01-23
    Age : 32
    Location : Phoenix, Arizona

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by xArc of Godx on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

    I smoked two cigarettes and took a shit in between reading that. I know its your style but the main thing I tend to disagree with is reviving before downing the enemy if your squad member is in the open. Use communication to figure out the location if you didn't see where the shots came from, if you can't get a shot relocate to flank would be my suggestion, while you lose one ticket this way the other leaves you vulnerable to lose two as well as your position in the enemy base if you fail. And if I was covering a passage from a hidden location and I saw a medic and an assault and I only had a shot on the assault.. you better believe I'm waiting right there for the medic before he pulls up to that body. This is all very situation though.. I am just saying generally I can see this not being the most productive way of doing it. I don't want to sound like I'm telling you how to play, just stating the main thing I disagreed with. Do what you do.
    avatar
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

    Posts : 3629
    Join date : 2010-11-18
    Age : 25
    Location : Gjøvik, Norway

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by Moliat on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 am

    All good and valid points, Prole. Keep in mind though that there are multiple ways of playing a medic, and we should have them all. One means you go for the healing range and/or faster healing upgrades and you stand stationary with some other squad members and provide covering and suppressive fire. The other means you put on lightweight and/or body armor and you're the frontline guy with your defibrillator out all the time. Spitfireheat is describing something inbetween, and while I don't agree with all his points, like spam-reviving until you see where the enemy is, communication should let you know (hence I find this point to be an individual's way of doing things, not a team), there are many other important points. Having a medic able to fend for himself, running and gunning with the rest of his squad, is also important.

    The two previous medic types combined is usually the most effective for the team, but having the speedmedic can also be a handy asset, especially during flanking manouvers. You can have the suppressive and sprint-reviving medics stay with the fixing force, but the flanking force needs to be highly mobile and lethal, a role where the speedmedic is best in most situations.


    _____________________________________________________



    You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    avatar
    spitfireheat

    Posts : 38
    Join date : 2011-01-20
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland, USA

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by spitfireheat on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 am

    Moliat is right, this guide is mainly an individual's way of doing things, not a team. I wrote this guide before I really started playing with DFA, and I found it easier to spam-revive than attempt communication with random idiots. Now that I have enjoyed the luxury of cooperating teammates my style of play has changed dramatically.

    Furthermore, I wrote this guide as a style of play for normal Conquest games. Spam-revive doesn't work as well for Rush; Enemy-density per unit area is much higher in rush than in conquest. This means that a risky dash out in the open is much more risky in rush than in conquest, as more people could be watching the area you are dashing thru. Even if you succeed in reviving, with a higher enemy density that means the person you revived has less time to get reoriented to his surroundings, further decreasing his chance of survival after revive. So, where in conquest I could revive teammates as a way of drawing one enemy's fire to find out where that enemy is, in Rush I am likely to draw multiple enemies' fire making my tactic altogether useless.

    Lately I have been playing a lot of HC Rush, and I have discovered that this guide has no application whatsoever to that game mode. I never thought I'd be regularly using the XM8 LMG but it is a great weapon for HC. In HC Rush I tend to stick a lot closer to a single squadmate, watching his back and covering areas he is not looking at.
    avatar
    D divine1

    Posts : 271
    Join date : 2010-11-26

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by D divine1 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 am

    I was playing HC(hardcore) today with Ria,Defgippa,Gta Phsyco. and i must say using Body Armour does have an Enourmous affect when i'm looking for Dead bodies that have been in a firefight.

    Sponsored content

    Re: SpeedMedic guide

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 pm