Disarming the MCOM

L4N6Y

Disarming the MCOM

Post by L4N6Y on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:46 am

One thing I've noticed when playing recently (I'm probably guilty of it to sometimes) is that quite often when defending on rush, nobody goes for the diffuse and people just assume others will take care of it.

As it says in the Gamereplay article: "In the inevitable case the bomb is armed, drop what you are doing and go for the defuse."

Defending an M-Com

In my opinion, disarming the charge should always be your number 1 priority when defending. Obviously you don't want to send all your men to one M-Com station to disarm and leave the other station wide open, but when playing with 2 squads there should be one M-Com designated to each, so that way you've always got people ready to disarm either charge.

A lot of people say that they're too far away to disarm the charge when it gets armed but personally I don't think that should ever be a problem, if your squad is in charge of covering M-Com station B then you should have the majority of the squad within running distance of the M-Com.

However, when one M-Com station is destroyed, I feel that the squad who previously had the role of covering it should still cover the area to avoid being flanked, because I see a lot of randoms who were for instance watching B and it was destroyed so they just go straight over to A and the flank completely open.

All of this is just my opinion on things, so if you think it should be done differently then please give me your strategies Smile
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Re: Disarming the MCOM

Post by Moliat on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 pm

We have become a bit sloppy lately due to a lack of opposition. General rules when an M-COM is armed:

• If two squads are available, one goes for the MCOM and the other advances towards the enemy in case they are covering it
    • The squad going for the MCOM sends one or two to disarm it, preferably popping smoke or a friendly mortar (as they both provide visual cover) while the rest of the squad clears the immediate surroundings
    • Communication is key! Squad captains quickly decide which squad does what, and what each member of both squads does
    • You save the day!

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 pm

One thing, maybe not 100% ontopic but Moliat reminded me of it with
    referably popping smoke or a friendly mortar

I thought our recons always had to use C4?

on and what is a 100% on-topic is, we indeed lack the teamplay recently, and I think oyur idea it great Langy!

Post by marysvillesquid on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Moliat wrote:We have become a bit sloppy lately due to a lack of opposition. General rules when an M-COM is armed:

• If two squads are available, one goes for the MCOM and the other advances towards the enemy in case they are covering it
    • The squad going for the MCOM sends one or two to disarm it, preferably popping smoke or a friendly mortar (as they both provide visual cover) while the rest of the squad clears the immediate surroundings
    • Communication is key! Squad captains quickly decide which squad does what, and what each member of both squads does
    • You save the day!

You were right on with this reply! Going to disarm an M-Com is not so easy when the opposition has it flanked from every angle waiting on you. This I believe would make for an excellent training day, for most people just go straight for the disarm, with out thinking twice that there could be someone with their cross-hairs on you (or mulitiples).
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 pm

I've been telling squad captains to instruct explicitly in our tactics, and for our veterans to do the same when playing.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Indeed, a thing you need to PRINT in your mind, is that an armed M-COM is ALWAYS aimed at by the attackers, ALWAYS

Post by marysvillesquid on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:38 pm

KennyMcKillmick wrote:Indeed, a thing you need to PRINT in your mind, is that an armed M-COM is ALWAYS aimed at by the attackers, ALWAYS

Exaclty, and finding hotspots for flankers on specific M-Coms would be key.
    Max
    Mike Rowe
    Mike Rowe

Post by Max on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 pm

One more thing, don't always let one guy be the one holding the B button to diffuse, he might get taken out by a sniper, so get in there yourself or jump around infront of him as a human shield if necessary.

Gamereplays.org
    gdead65
    GD
    GD

Post by gdead65 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Moliat wrote:We have become a bit sloppy lately due to a lack of opposition.

Looking forward to more CSM events to have more 'tactical' games.

reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:24 pm

You can disarm the m-com? 0_0
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 am

gdead65 wrote:
    Moliat wrote:We have become a bit sloppy lately due to a lack of opposition.

Looking forward to more CSM events to have more 'tactical' games.

There's one today (Saturday) at 8pm UTC Smile

L4N6Y

Post by L4N6Y on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 am

I'm glad people have read the post and have offered suggestions such as "meat shields" and disorientating the enemy by mortaring the area. However I think we need to just get new trialists into the idea of attempting a disarm, because it's just not happening, I don't get annoyed when I'm in a squad with 3 trialists and we try to disarm but lose the M-Com. I DO get annoyed when I'm in a squad with 3 trialists and none of them try to disarm even when prompted and I'm left trying to cover the one unarmed M-Com and get to the armed one at the same time!
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 am

I made sure to go over this with the trialists OBkY Nova and (instert other trialist name here) o.o i dnt remember his name lol but we made a match just going over basic breach and clear + Mcom arm/disarm.
    But squid, do you remember the other dude's name?

Rifle set. Round in place. Fix sights, Check. Hold breath, Brace...
    Pretty pink mist...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm