AT-4 practice

shimvolski

AT-4 practic

Post by shimvolski on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Yesterday (saturday) during the CSM practice, I had the opportunity to get taken out with what I can only guess was an AT-4 a couple of times. I didn't get tagged with a tracer nor did the rockets fired have a fixed trajectory. I have heard rumors that Moliat has magical powers when it comes to this as well as some others. Just had a thought that some sort of a practice session for AT-4 targeting might be beneficial to the clan as taking down a helicopter can be the difference between winning and losing. I feel pretty confident in using the tracer darts and gustavs, but taking down an attack chopper with the AT-4 is a big hole in my abilities. I know I am just a trialist right now but just thought this might be a fun practice to circle a squad with an attack chopper and each person in the squad gets to take turns shooting at the chopper. Anyone interested?
    DaltonCarl24

Re: AT-4 practice

Post by DaltonCarl24 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 pm

gustavs aginst choppers does alot less damage then normal RPGs.
    shimvolski

RPG

Post by shimvolski on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I have used both I just like the feel more of the gustav, I haven't seemed to have an issue taking down a chopper with a gustav or an RPG if I make a hit. Its just the times where you are getting circled by a helicopter and you have tagged it with a tracer only to have them use the vehicle smoke to take it off before you can get a rocket off. I want to learn and practice on the AT-4.
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 pm

http://www.gamereplays.org/badcompany2/portals.php?show=page&name=AT4-Bad-Company-2-rocket-guide-helicopter
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:01 pm

One tip I found out by watching youtube video is that just watch the rocket itself, ignore that red/orange box. And to give yourself plently of lead ahead of the helo, easier to cut back on the rocket then trying to turn it ahead more.

Providing our enemies a chance to die for their country
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Also, always try hitting the chopper from below. It's easier for the pilot to lose than gain altitude, and you neglect that advantage by hitting it from below and up.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm

DaltonCarl24 wrote:gustavs aginst choppers does alot less damage then normal RPGs.

So not true.

gustav;
    Faster flight time increasing hit chance as the pilot has less time to flare / dodge, but the pilot/gunner has like 1 or 2 secs more to jump out after hit

RPG;
    Faster vehicle blow-up on impact, giving the pilot / gunner less to no time to bail out, but they have more chance / time dodging the missle / flare / jump out on missle lock.

though note, the RPG flies faster when locked onto a tracer dart to almost if not the same speed as gustav

Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:09 am

Helicopter passengers have the same time to bail out regardless of the rocket type that hit.

• The RPG-7 does more damage to the vehicle, but has a lower kill radius than the CG. Hence you have to hit the helicopter's torso to kill anyone. Also, it iss more likely to destroy the chopper than the Carl Gustav. Without explosive dmg upgrade it will, but if passenger has vehicle armor, you need explosive dmg upgrade to destroy it in one hit.
    • The Carl Gustav does less damage to the chopper, but will destroy it if no passenger has vehicle armor, even if you don't have the explosive dmg upgrade. If both have their respective upgrades, it will still destroy the chopper. It has a larger kill radius than the RPG-7, hence it will kill more passengers if it hits the chopper to the "torso", i.e. not the tail or nose.
    • The AT-4 is lik the RPG-7 but with a reduced kill radius, it is least likely to kill any passengers no matter where you hit.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:39 am

not true, I got hit by the AT4 multiple times, and never had any time to bail before the chopper blew

Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:50 am

KennyMcKillmick wrote:not true, I got hit by the AT4 multiple times, and never had any time to bail before the chopper blew

I have the opposite experience when using the AT-4. I hardly ever get kills because people bail out before it blows up.

It's true, once the rocket hits, the passengers have the same time to bail out no matter what rocket was used, and this goes for all chopper types.

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am

Question, are we going out for Blackhawk or appache?

Post by shimvolski on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Just shot down a Havoc with the AT-4!!. I was on line and no other DFA's were playing. I jumped into heavy metal and got close to the enemy base and just waited for the choppers to fly by. Holy cow is it hard! I was 1 for 20 or so. I even started practicing against my own choppers since it wasn't hardcore. This skill is going to take some time to master for sure!
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Yup another good thing to do if you are playing with randoms is just sit in the back of the base and try shooting it down. Forget about the m-coms. When I first started I was lucky to hit it once now in some matches I have taken it down 4-5 times easily.

getsideways777

Post by getsideways777 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Whats a better method of hitting a chopper? Trying to hit it with a tracer and then RPG or using the AT4?
    Last few times i have played i have managed to hit a chopper with the tracer but never actually hit it with the RPG.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Once you hit with the tracer, you have to aim at the red box that appears until it stops flashing, THEN fire the missile. However, most good pilots will use flares to remove the tracer, so I would recommend getting good at the AT4.

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:44 am

Moliat wrote:Once you hit with the tracer, you have to aim at the red box that appears until it stops flashing, THEN fire the missile. However, most good pilots will use flares to remove the tracer, so I would recommend getting good at the AT4.

True, I preffer tracer though it makes you less voulnerable
    and you have to wait till you see the distance in white below the box before it locks

AT-4 Inspiration

Post by D divine1 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:54 am

Found this Vid on youtube today,had to post it.This Vid amongst others that have have inspired me to be a Gr8 At-4 Shoot.

This Dude is either lucky or Amazing @ what he does
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:15 am

those no scopes are, well fuck it lol

Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:17 am

Ah, Kazo and Kurnal were raping us with an Apache on Oases yesterday. It's fudgin' impossible to hit the chopper when circle-strafing, but once we fell back and they flew in a straight line for a few seconds, I brought them down the AT-4.

Good times.

Trigger Hexxed

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:22 pm

O.O we need to recruit this guy lol
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:48 pm

I say he has a dot on his screen lol

shimvolski

Post by shimvolski on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Is he guiding the at 4 while reloading it? I thought you could only guide it looking through its targeting scope? If I am missing something someone please edjumacate me!
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:14 pm

shimvolski wrote:Is he guiding the at 4 while reloading it? I thought you could only guide it looking through its targeting scope? If I am missing something someone please edjumacate me!

Yeah, that's what I thought too.... Edjumackashun complete.

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:44 am

In actuality you aim with the center of your screen at all times. Always. It's just that when you hipfire with small arms, the standard deviation of your bullets hitting this center dramatically increases and the recoil increases massively too. With rockets however, you can fire the rocket as a fire-and-forget, and when you start reloading the rocket will still fly towards the exact center of your screen.

The most effective way to take out tanks with the AT-4 is aim, lead to account for movement, fire the rocket and start reloading, and make small adjustments to the rockets flight path as it approaches the target if need be.

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 am

shimvolski wrote:Is he guiding the at 4 while reloading it? I thought you could only guide it looking through its targeting scope? If I am missing something someone please edjumacate me!

True, though after the shoot, if you move you can still give it a twist untill the rocket laucher actually reloads.

As you may notice, he only turns the rocktet once, after that he doens't (cant) change the direction

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:04 pm