In need of a squad

Trigger Hexxed

In need of a squad

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:40 am

Good morning chaps Smile

I have signed up for CSM, now that i am a member and was wondering if anyone needed a person?
    If no one does, i understand and humbly ask permission to maybe put together a squad with the
    new guys coming in.

I like to lead, though not sure how proficient i am at it, but i would love to give it a shot.
    If your wondering about the time zone, i can be on anytime, not matter Smile

So if you need a member for your squad let me know if i don't get any bites in a few days ill request to
    be allowed to make my own if possible. Thanks guys.

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Re: In need of a squad

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 am

CSM Squad #1

We need 2 more, if intrested post in our CSM Squad #1 topic
    Though, either me or Illuminator are leading.

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:58 am

The only problem im seeing in your squad forum is the fact you haven't had a practice yet and seem to be having time issues.
    (Getting everyone on at the same time)

Your a great player and have a great squad but im really competitive and i would be serious about getting practices going,
    and having them often.

Do you for see this continuing to be a problem?
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:05 am

Wow. Go Trigger. Buh-rah!

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Illluminator
    Timmeh
    Timmeh

Post by Illluminator on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:40 am

Trigger you must understand that I am as competative as anyone and have been in the clan for quiet a while but I also have school, friends and a life. Smile
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:57 am

Did I miss something? Trigger, are you not still a Trialist? If you've been promoted to full member, it doesn't show on the Roster, and your Trialist Discussion topic is still open and does not show you as - ACCEPTED - .

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you may be getting ahead of yourself. If you have been promoted to full member, then well.... never mind.

Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 pm

He has been promoted to full member. Or rather, I told him he would very soon, it's just that Kazo hasn't come around to it. Riafomh, would you mind taking over the trialist section for a week in Kazo's continued absence? I would myself, but I'm not able to do much the next 2 weeks.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    Trigger Hexxed

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Illluminator wrote:Trigger you must understand that I am as competative as anyone and have been in the clan for quiet a while but I also have school, friends and a life. Smile

I fail to see how this answers my question.

And Ria, Moliat answered that for me.
    But then again, maybe i am getting ahead of myself... I retract my CSM request.
    Playing randoms with the clan will have to suffice for now.
    Illluminator
    Timmeh
    Timmeh

Post by Illluminator on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:49 pm

My answere was for you question but the explanation for why I can't play 24/7.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Trigger Hexxed wrote:
    But then again, maybe i am getting ahead of myself... I retract my CSM request.

You're not getting ahead of yourself. You're a full member, so you have all rights and reasons to sign up for the CSM and join a squad.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Trigger, the only reason we didn't have practise yet, is because we didn't have 4 members online at one time, THAT's why we need a 5th and 6th member, so we have enough people online at most times.

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 pm

See this is what im saying though. I dont want to have to wait around forever trying to get things figured out.

But its quite alright, like i said, ill stick to picking apart randoms with the clan.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 am

Excuse me, sir. Did I ruffle your feathers?

Honest mistake. NO ONE informed me that you were a full member, and all I have to go on is the (incomplete) Roster and Trialist Discussions sections (although the fact that you were posting in here was my biggest clue that you were a full member - but that's why I asked).

Don't be so vexed so easily, my good man. Sorry about that.

I know it gets a little frustrating sometimes, but it can on occasion take some time for the shit to pass through the snake and come out the other end.

Hopefully your continued passion will translate into you becoming an Admin yourself one day so that you can get all these things done yesterday like they were supposed to...

But first, become a Squad Captain (after some time).

Before that, be part of the CSM group, like you have just done...

And you don't need permission if you want to start your own Squad; just jump in there and corral a few people and start scheduling your practices and kicking ass and showing the rest of us how it's done.

Are we good?

(After Edit: Added you to the CSM list as an 'Independent' until you get sorted out; also updated the Roster - please double check)

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 am

About the roster, Moliat is bussy last days, so I can't blame him for updating ^^
    I would do it, if it didn't scare the shiz outta me

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:00 am

riafomh wrote:Excuse me, sir. Did I ruffle your feathers?

Negative ghostrider. I understood that you dident know, yesterdays postings were one part real life problems, and one part
    my own drive to "climb the ranks" if you will.
    I apologize if anything i said seemed cross, because i did not mean them to be. Ria your a great leader and would follow you into
    a firefight any day. Oh and for the record, i will always bring my mouth guard.

All this being said, the independent on the CSM will do just fine. Im going to see what i can do with the new guys coming in,
    and hopefully get to attend some of the other squads practices and watch and learn so that if and when i get my own together
    i wont be lacking in the DFA tactics. I have done all the reading but it on paper and in game being executed are two different beasts.

Well i have a few more posts to type up, good day to everyone, scan your sectors, move out and draw fire.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:16 am

There's still some CSM squads in need of a 5th or 6th member, so I suggest you try your luck Smile

Then again, promotions recently being made and yet to come in the near future makes for about 5 new potential CSM members, enough for a new squad, if you choose to do that instead.

There are however 4 or 5 squads in need of a 5th or 6th member, so joining one of them is another option.

KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 am

You should think of it like this;
    Do you have the skills to lead the squad tru every circumstances or do you still need some training?

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 am

As tempting as jumping into one of the already formed squads stacked with amazing players may be, i think i have an idea.

See i have also thought about the fact were getting a few new members, a few of which i have played with and like how they play.

Now take this next part lightly as im not being malicious.

Im competitive, extremely competitive. I watch people and notice their patterns, their strengths, their weaknesses. I make plans and always
    have a backup plan if the first is to fail. Im constantly thinking what i would do if i was the enemy. That being said, i can call out where your going
    to come from ideally how many and from what side 95% of the time. If i can do it so can other clans who you will eventually face.

You can say, "well they have never watched us play so they wouldn't know". True, but if they are a clan worth their weight in salt then they
    probably do the same things. All they would have to do is ask themselves, "what would i do". You cannot stick to the same flanking method. I have seen only one used and its your basic L flank. It works...for now. What happens when you send your flanking squad out there and they get "omgwtfpwned"? You just lost
    four tickets on offense and now they are going to be looking for it.

What im proposing. I get a squad together...give me a few practices with them, and then we can play against each other squad on squad as you
    already do, and let me show you your gaps, your flaws, your weaknesses. I would much rather see them exposed inter DFA instead of in mid match
    against another clan.

Now i dont mean to step on any toes here, yes im new, yes you guys have probably been playing this game and been in the clan longer. But what happens is
    when you win all the time you start to get complacent. That's when you get predictable. Like i said dont take this as me insulting you nor me calling people
    out. Im just throwing thigs out there and trying new things.

It would be much appreciated if i could get a bit of feedback yes or no on this idea. Smile
    Trigger Hexxed

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:46 am

KennyMcKillmick wrote:You should think of it like this;
    Do you have the skills to lead the squad tru every circumstances or do you still need some training?

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but yes im 100% positive i can lead three other men to victory.
    I was a team leader for the United States Army while serving in Iraq in 08-09, where i led men
    doing the same tactics you guys use but with real bullets and real threats.

But in short, yes.
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am

Trust me, we adjust to every situation we get in our face, and our communication makes us strong adjusting fast

Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

KennyMcKillmick wrote:Trust me, we adjust to every situation we get in our face, and our communication makes us strong adjusting fast

That's not to say there's no room for improvement. While we have current and previous military servicemen in the clan, most of us aren't familiar with specific and real tactics. There's always room for improvement, and while DFA is indeed very good at teamwork and communications, it doesn't mean we can get better.

I'm all for your idea, Trigger. New ways to do and look at things is always good, and I endorse your enthusiasm rather than frown upon it. The purpose of CSM practice matches is doing exactly what you proposed: finding flaws, weaknesses and areas ripe for exploitation in our gameplay. We're going to keep doing those practice matches, and if you are able to provide an additional view on things, then I see no reason to neglect it.

Go for it!

Trigger Hexxed

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Thank yous sir.

Ill work on getting together a squad.
    KennyMcKillmick
    You Killed Kenny!
    You Killed Kenny!

Post by KennyMcKillmick on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Should be fun if you get the squad, i'm curious if we teach you a lesson with our tactics, or visa versa Smile

The Chain Smoker

Post by riafomh on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Trigger Hexxed wrote:...when you win all the time you start to get complacent. That's when you get predictable....
    It would be much appreciated if i could get a bit of feedback yes or no on this idea. Smile

Funny you mention that, as I have been thinking the same thing myself recently.

Actually, you'll often find me harping in these posts (older posts anyway) NOT to get stuck on only one way of doing things. Change it up, change it up, and change it up again. Versatility is KEY, IMO.

I've been wondering why I seem to have 'stalled' lately in my playing, and I think this is why. I know better, but we do become creatures of habit sometimes, don't we.

Sometimes I'll just abandon what I'm doing because it's just not working; switch to being a Medic or Engineer or something and follow others around for a while, heal/revive and repair tanks and whatnot... and because I am now operating totally 'in-the-moment', I sometimes find myself astonished at how well it goes for me....

Another thought for everyone:

Sometimes I think it is good practice to actually NOT TALK at all and try to 'communicate' inherently through 'body language' and so forth. Try this exercise and see. It also helps to cut down the clumsy chatter; when you finally do go back to using the Comms, your voice chat is more succinct and precise and also people are 'less dependent' on it to take action, and the previous exercise in non-verbal communication means people get into action sooner instead of relying on the verbal communication to know whether it's safe to take a piss behind that tree over there....

Of course, you still MUST act as a unit and not just everyone running amok all over the place without any focus.

Trigger Hexxed

Post by Trigger Hexxed on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:05 pm

I think your on to something with the "No talking" practice. Would definitely make people acquire more situational awareness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:06 am