Unreal 3 engine revealed

Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Unreal 3 engine revealed

Post by Falls on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Hey guys,

So a trailer was just unveiled showing off the new unreal engine. No doubt what the new Call of Duty is going to to be utilizing. Going to challenge frostbite 2? It's pretty damn impressive, that's for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifDsL1gxHtg&feature=player_embedded
    reclaimer_117

Re: Unreal 3 engine revealed

Post by reclaimer_117 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:01 pm

I think thats what the next Fable game is going to be using =)
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:49 pm

reclaimer_117 wrote:I think thats what the next Fable game is going to be using =)

I refuse to play 3 because I read they dumbed it down and made the controls even easier...don't see myself playing the 4th unless they start over and make it a challenge.
    reclaimer_117

Post by reclaimer_117 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 pm

I was being sarcastic XD
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Just means activision needs to learn how to use it.
    DentedBullet

Post by DentedBullet on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:56 pm

The engine looks good but I don't think its as good as Frostbite 2.
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Looks very nice I agree but guys come on, is it worth to buy the next CoD just because it utilizes a new engine??? Should the next CoD provide something new which would be an incredible surprise then this is just ANOTHER CoD game with new face paint slapped on.

I don't know if any of you played Hydro Thunder, but that's a game with fairly bad graphics but in turn it is maaaad fun. They made a sequel to it called Hydro Thunder Hurricane on XBLA, great graphics for an arcade game, incredible water effects both visually and affecting the game play.
    For example driving onto a wave with high speed these power race boats provide you with you will most likely slap against the next wall or cliff or even fly out the map. So as well a it being fun it is incredibly "tactical racing" should I say Smile.

What I mean with that is: A game that has had sooooooooooooooo many sequels as CoD needs more than just a new engine, but sadly a lot of people have become so blinded by that game they don't care about quality anymore they just need to have have have have ahve and have again. Makes me sad to be honest...

I would much rather see this engine applied to ME3 or AC3 or Red Faction Armageddon. These are games that are set to be INCREDIBLE!
    Kebozam
    Insurance Salesman
    Insurance Salesman

Post by Kebozam on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:38 am

Falls wrote:Hey guys,

So a trailer was just unveiled showing off the new unreal engine. No doubt what the new Call of Duty is going to to be utilizing. Going to challenge frostbite 2? It's pretty damn impressive, that's for sure.

Is about time they showed off some of unreal engine 3, its only been out for several years :P

Not too sure if frostbite 2 enginer wil be a challenge as epic have a lot of developers already licencing their engine and if memory serves unreal engine has been used in a lot of games in the past spanning back to the ps1.
    Kaos

Post by Kaos on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:40 am

Kebozam wrote:
    Falls wrote:Hey guys,

Is about time they showed off some of unreal engine 3, its only been out for several years :P

Not too sure if frostbite 2 enginer wil be a challenge as epic have a lot of developers already licencing their engine and if memory serves unreal engine has been used in a lot of games in the past spanning back to the ps1.

its kind of like Direct x10... direct X 11 is out but they still haven't used 10 in any game to even 3/4's of its potential.
    D divine1

Post by D divine1 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Guys Rememeber that the FMV (Full Motion Video) is always better than the game.the Unreal engine will always be the best,but an Engine needs a good game/storyline to really reveal its true power.

I loved Final Fantasy's FMV Sequence,they were the best!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:14 am