Activision getting lost?

Furtz

Activision getting lost?

Post by Furtz on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:26 am

I heard some info about Activision apparently closing down which would be a hoooooray moment for me as we will never have to put up with CoD again......... Most likely.

But I don't know if this is true though. See if you can follow this up somewhere Smile

And post your comments Very Happy
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Re: Activision getting lost?

Post by Moliat on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:48 am

They've had some fantastic games: Rome Total War, Company of Heroes and many more.

As much as I didn't love the CoD series, some people did. Plus they have many other good games.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:08 am

I agree but for the sake of CoD I would not mind them busting:D
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:17 am

I'm rather glad CoD is out there. It takes away most of the 10-14 year old would-be Battlefield players and bunches them together in their own secluded game of gayness.

Who knows; if CoD wasn't around, lightweight + armor + knife might be a common occurence.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    CrushNZ
    Sex Muffin
    Sex Muffin

Post by CrushNZ on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Zombies is awesome. Is Activision seriously going under? I cant see it happening.
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 pm

There's no way. They might be going through some turmoil with West and Zampalla leaving, but they're not shutting down. Black ops is the best selling game of all time, and CoD has become a sure fire success every year.

And honestly, why the hell do people hate them? "Omg COD sucks now, so I want the company to bankrupt.' That's just ridiculous. If you don't like it, then don't play it. Stop acting like the call of duty series is a personal attempt to fuck with your way of life. Yeah CoD has taken a bit of a downhill turn, but I've personally logged countless hours with the CoD's and had a blast doing it. And like moliat said, they're responsible for tons of other great games as well. So to me, trouble with activision is not a good thing, and I'm def not one of the many mindless anti-COD flamers who are like 'Yeah COD sucks! Down with them! yayy!!!!'. Ignorant. CoD is not hurting anybody.

Plus, a good activision means good, healthy competition, which is what drives the creation of great and better games like Battlefield, Crysis, Homefront, etc. You really think that games like Dead Space 2 and Assassins Creed would have created brand new, innovative multiplayer modes without Call of Duty showing them how profitable and popular online gaming has become? C'mon take a look at the big picture. Call of Duty is a good thing for the industry, and ultimately, for us gamers.
    D divine1

Activision eyeing Take-Two swoop?

Post by D divine1 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:20 pm

check this link out,make your own opinion , remembers its just a rumour

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43003/Activision-eyeing-Take-Two-swoop
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:42 pm

I value consumer choice, and there are so many people who like CoD that I don't have a personal desire for their development to cease.

Furtz

Post by Furtz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

Hmmm like I said it's what I have heard and it's a rumor that I heard. Smile

I agree with Falls but on the other hand I disagree as well. Since I Black Ops I have seen so many online games who have tried to implement the simple and cheap online system from Black Ops which to be honest annoys me. Yeah sure on on side it's good for the industry on the other side it pulls the industry down to a very cheap level, I want quality high standard online gaming. Not some old and re-used Call of Duty system, who now everyone is trying to implement it into their version of some new online game. The only one I don't see that happening with is with Battlefield 3 and future titles because they at least know that their fans love their online system and would not want it any other way.
    Falls
    iI Duce
    iI Duce

Post by Falls on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 am

You do make a valid argument that CoD is 'dumbing' down the FPS genre. But on the other hand, it's just what's popular right now. I mean, COD4 revolutionized FPS games with its progression, unlock system, and perk system, and that's just what the industry is doing right now, so I really can't blame the smaller studios for following suit. Even BC2 isn't innocent from this. They may have called them specializations, but they were perks.

Right now, 'perks', or whatever name a game uses for them, are the industry standard right now. Soon enough one game studio or another will somehow lay the new golden egg of FPS evolution, and then you'll see a swing towards doing that from all the other studios. Right now the shooter is more popular than ever, and while I tend to also turn my nose up and blatant copy cats, I also really can't blame people for trying to make some money off of whats trending right now.

And if you're worried about the industry as a whole becoming cheaper, I really wouldn't worry. There will always be the big powerhouse developers and publishers that are responsible for deep, well planned, awesome games. The little guys just scrounging for a piece of the pie will come out with a whisper, and then die out quickly. The industry will be no worse for it. The box art might just clutter up your local game store.
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:52 am

I just hope Battlefield 3 will not try to implement Specializations, I would feel screwed, I want my "skill required" Battlefield game Very Happy
    ChinaDarwin44

Post by ChinaDarwin44 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 am

Furtz wrote:I just hope Battlefield 3 will not try to implement Specializations, I would feel screwed, I want my "skill required" Battlefield game Very Happy

I still call specializations "perks"....guess we know where I've been...not any more though, COD and Reach are unplayable on my console now, no big loss, as I always liked battlefield more.
    Furtz

Post by Furtz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:39 am

Halo Reach is awesome Very Happy

Back to Topic Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 am