I meant to tell you guys..

smoke torture

I meant to tell you guys..

Post by smoke torture on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:13 pm

I went to Boston for about a week for PAX East. I really meant to tell you guys and I'm sorry I never did. I left last wednesday and just got back the day before yesterday(tuesday). I had fully intended to post about it before I left to let you guys know but between packing and getting prepared it just never got done. I'm back now though and down to play some more. I saw some pretty cool shit at PAX, including a live play-through of a level from Battlefield 3! I intend to make a post detailing what I saw during the play-through but it might be another day before I get around to it.

Once again, sorry about neglecting to inform you in the first place about my absence.
    riafomh
    The Chain Smoker
    The Chain Smoker

Re: I meant to tell you guys..

Post by riafomh on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up now, at least. A few of us wondered where you'd disappeared to. Sounds like an awesome time. Welcome back.

reality is a figment of my hallucination
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 am

We were about to decline you due to inactivity. Albeit your warning is overdue, it came in time.

Your trial has been extended by a week.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'
    STORMTROOPER729

Post by STORMTROOPER729 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:42 am

if you give us details, pics and videos you will be forgiven.

Providing our enemies a chance to die for their country
    kakkura49
    Bullseye!
    Bullseye!

Post by kakkura49 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:57 pm

lol storm : P

Rifle set. Round in place. Fix sights, Check. Hold breath, Brace...
    Pretty pink mist...
    Kazo64
    From Behind!
    From Behind!

Post by Kazo64 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:04 pm

STORMTROOPER729 wrote:if you give us details, pics and videos you will be forgiven.

Yea. Sounds reasonable!
    smoke torture

Post by smoke torture on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:38 pm

I don't have any video but I can show you some photos I took, if it helps.

This was the main expo hall with all the booths.

The booth for Duke Nukem. It was very swanky with red carpet and chandeliers.

A stage where people could play rock band.

As for the battlefield 3 demonstration I saw.. if you've seen the videos Angel and Divine posted, along with the leaked video of the bomb-diffusing/earthquake/helicopter-getting-owned-by-a-building, then you've pretty much seen what there is to see so far. I'm pretty sure the destruction done by the rocket to the building was real-time, like anything we see in BC2. I saw similar damage to other buildings during the play-through, though on a smaller scale.

I know I haven't been playing much. I've had fun playing with you guys when I did and if I get to start BF3 alongside you guys it would be awesome. That said, I'm not going to be butthurt if I don't get accepted for full membership. So many trialists come through here, I know it's not personal and you guys are just trying to keep a great clan going free of nuisances and lack-luster talent.

I know I haven't been playing much. I've had fun playing with you guys when I did and if I get to start BF3 alongside you guys it would be awesome. That said, I'm not going to be butthurt if I don't get accepted for full membership. So many trialists come through here, I know it's not personal and you guys are just trying to keep a great clan going free of nuisances and lack-luster talent.
    Moliat
    Clan Leader
    Clan Leader

Post by Moliat on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 am

smoke torture wrote:

Though we love being informed ahead of absence, we have given your trial an additional week. It ends on the 28th, regardless of the outcome at that point.

You smell that? Napalm, son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like... victory!
    - Colonel Kilgore (1st Air Cavalry), 'Apocalypse Now!'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 pm